August 5, 2016

Friday - Hot and sunny

An okay day.

I got up a little early again this morning and got up. I had some cold tea and a bit later made my breakfast.  I had oatmeal again.  It was nice!

I made the bed and even threw on a few clothes. It was hot today, so I tried to wear as few as possible and still be decent of course! I wanted to start making something for dinner, but thought F might be on his way home, so I waited.

F didn’t come home, so somewhere around 1:30 I started making caramelized onions in the kitchen.  It is a slow process if you do it carefully, like I was doing.  Of course, F decided to take a late lunch today so I was in his way, but there really wasn’t anything I could do.  I was trying to have my own lunch at the time too, so after a bit F gave up and went out to have lunch.  I finally finished the onions and set them aside to cool.  

I had wanted to go out today but I didn’t.  I was quite upset with F coming home so late. He didn’t call, he wasn’t very talkative when he arrived home, so I really didn’t want to see much of him.  I decided to go out, but I never got the time.

I did all the dishes up and then sat on the couch.  I mended a pair of pants for F ( I didn’t tell him I did it yet!) and then worked on my crochet.  It was relaxing and quite therapeutic.  By the time I had to start getting dinner ready I felt a lot better.  

I put dinner together and after F came back from work and then the grocery store, everything was ready.  We’d planned to have a “junk food” dinner, so I had made two kinds of chip dip, but I also had a bit of a clean out the refrigerator thing going on.  We finished up some of the leftovers from earlier in the week and then had some chips and dip.  F seemed to enjoy it, and I did too.  There’s even some leftover caramelized onions for him to make a loaf of bread with.  

F did the dishes and watched some TV.  At nine I turned it over to Castle, because…Nathan Fillion… and F took his shower.  He went to bed soon afterwards.  

I did a little more crochet tonight and started the second panel.  I’m only 3 rows in on each panel and it is quite amazing how different they look, just because of the colours!  I am thinking of seeing if I can buy a couple of balls of coordinating yarn at the store tomorrow, just so I can have a couple more lighter rows, but since the yarn came from overseas, I’m not sure if I can match the feel or the quality here.

So that’s about it for my day.  All in all, it wasn’t too bad.  I haven’t been out of the apartment in two days though, so I am really looking forward to going somewhere!  

Come back in a bit and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….  

No comments: