August 31, 2016

Wednesday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up this morning and watched The X-Files and had my overnight oatmeal and tea.  A very nice breakfast.  I had a relaxing morning.  I expected that F would come back before going to work, but he didn’t.  Oh well.  

I watched some Agents of Shield and enjoyed it, I finished up my column and polished it.  I also sent it on to the editor as well.  Yay for that.  Done for another two months.  

In the afternoon I planned to go out, so I took a shower, but just never got around to it.  I stopped off at home in order to watch the news. I did the dishes from the day and waited for F to get home.

He was fairly early tonight and was in one of his “can’t decide anything” moods, so I gave him a choice of three restaurants and he picked one.  It was the one I wanted to go to least, but what the heck.  I didn’t mind too much.  I had a cold noodle dish with chicken and jellyfish, F had a ramen set with scrambled egg and shrimp over rice that he made me have a bit of.  It wasn’t bad at all.  We went for groceries, but I forgot a few things to pick up.  Sigh.  And darn it!  He was in such a mood. I’d ask him if he’d like something and he’d say I don’t care, which just irritates me more.  Care already!  Yes or no, I don’t mind, just say which you’d prefer.  

We came home again and he talked about going for a walk, but then sat at his computer.  I wanted to be done by 10 pm to watch some TV, so when he didn’t say anything I finally asked him if he wanted to go.  I told him I needed to be back by 10 and he said he wouldn’t go.  Fine.  I realized that I needed a walk, so closed up my computer and said I’d go. Of course, that meant that he would go to.  We did leave just before 9:30 so my deadline was met.

I took the lead on this walk and I did a bit of Interval walking too.  The only thing was that F was walking behind me and we never talked the entire time.  I really wasn’t very pleased but on the other hand I was angry with him for messing me about, so it was probably a good thing.  Came home with 8 minutes to spare, and beat my goal on my Nike+ app, so that was good!

I did some crochet tonight, had some tea, and enjoyed myself for the most part.  I did have a weird thing happen though.  I caught the nail of my big toe on my other foot’s heel, and the nail ripped.  I cut it a lot shorter and put a bandaid over it, so I hope it’ll stay on long enough to grow out.  Sigh.  Instead of sympathy, I got a lecture on not having long toenails.  This is the first summer that I’ve ever grown them out as  I thought I might be wearing my sandals and wanted my feet to look better. 

Anyway, that’s about it for me.  If I have time tomorrow I’m going to go to the post office and pay for my group’s membership and I’m hoping to go downtown and get my hair cut, or at least set up an appointment to get it done soon!  


Come back a bit later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Oh,ouch! I cringed when I read about your torn nail. Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Helen said...

So far so good thanks! I haven't taken the band aid off though.