September 10, 2016

Saturday - Rainy and cloudy

A much better day.

I got up this morning just a little later than a weekday and got dressed and made the bed.  Then I did something that wasn’t so usual.  I went out in to the apartment lobby and swept it.  F and I are on duty this month.  He’d done it a couple of times, but I hadn’t.  I did a very thorough job, went upstairs, did the steps too, the works.  

I came back in, washed up and then had breakfast and watched a couple of BBC shows on the telly.  I watched a couple of episodes of Once Upon a Time too, and then was just settling in to watch Agents of Shield when F came home.  What?  So early?  He had said he’d be most of the day.  

He was reasonably chatty for a change and told me that he’d finished for today.  Tomorrow he’ll be back later in the afternoon.  He’d also dropped his cellphone and smashed the glass on it.  It still worked, but looked awful. I had been about to have my lunch at home, but F asked if I was hungry and wanted to go out.  I said yes and yes. 

I tried to find a place on Facebook, but instead, found another that we hadn’t been to before, so we decided to try it.  It was a little cafe with Italian food, so off we went.  We got in just before last order and had some very nice pasta.  The set came with salad, soup, bread and a drink.  We added on dessert too. 

Lunch was great and we both enjoyed being in a new place.  I’ll have to remember it when I go out with my friend again.  

I suggested popping into our cell phone provider’s store on the way back from the restaurant to see if F could get his phone fixed and if I could have something done about the spam I’m receiving on my phone.  

We went in and were trapped for the next 3 hours!  I jest, but only a little.  They increased the filter protection on my phone so that was good, but poor F.  He decided to upgrade his phone, so got a newer model and made some kind of difference to his (our?) service package.  We went in a little after 3 to the office, we left a little after 6.  I asked F jokingly if he thought it was time for dinner, and he did.  I knew he had to have an early night, so we found a Chinese style restaurant that is okay for both of us and had dinner.  We ended up by buying a few groceries at the shop and then coming home.  I watched a couple of hours of TV and did a few Postcrossing cards up.  I’ll get them ready to go out tomorrow.

So, that’s about it.  F has another really early morning coming up, and then he’s off for a couple of days.  I’m hoping that he’ll have a good day and be in a reasonable mood when he comes home tomorrow night.  

Tomorrow I have a few things that I’d like to do, including getting my cards ready to send off, and watching some of the TV on the DVR.  Come back in a bit and see what I manage to accomplish.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: