November 19, 2016

Saturday - Rainy

A good day!

I went to bed after 4 last night and vowed that I’d sleep in this morning, if I had the chance.  I didn’t!  I woke up around 9 and F called the doctor’s office to see if we could get flu shots.  We could, so I had to take a fast shower and then get on the road with him.  

We had ages to wait in the crowded doctor’s office, but at least it gave me lots of time to read my Sue Grafton (X).  We got our shots after a cursory examination, then were on our way.  

We went to the newish restaurant that used to be a bento shop, near my dentist’s office.  We had a fast and quite good lunch.  We both had a steak don set.  I like the food there, but it is so crowded and not set up for people to have a comfortable lunch that I probably should stop suggesting we go.  We went over to Doutors to have coffee and dessert after lunch. That was very nice to be honest. Then, we zoomed off to Mikawa.

We went to Mikawa Shopping Centre to pick up my yarn for the blanket I’m making.  We got it quickly and had a few discounts too, so that was nice.  Afterwards, I told F I wanted to look in the ladies department, so we had a snoop.  I found a shirt for my niece and a dress/tunic for me so that was good.  They were both on sale with an extra bonus if you bought two, so doubly happy thing!

We came back home for a while and relaxed.  Around 5:30, F started talking about dinner.  We were planning to see the 8:15 movie in Tsuruoka, so I thought it was too early.  However, he found out that a restaurant we like in Amarume was open tonight, so he wanted to go there.  It’s a bit of a drive to get there, so it was a good idea to leave around 6:30 when we did.

We arrived at the restaurant and were able to go in right away.  We ordered our dinner and then saw a nice set on the specials menu that probably would have been better for me at least!  Oh well.  We both had yakiniku with rice, miso soup, salad and pickles.  

When we finished our meal, we paid and zoomed back to the Tsuruoka cinema to see Brooklyn.  It was great.  I was in tears at the end, and F loved it too.  For me, I saw so much of my life in hers.  Of course it was a different time, but I left my home country and family to move thousands of miles away for a job!

After the movie, I didn’t want to go home, and I didn’t really want to eat anything.  I suggested going over to Mos Burgers for coffee and that’s what we did.  F had a burger there too, but I just had a Vienna Coffee.  

We came home in time to watch Scandal and Project Runway, so really, my day was complete!  The film was fabulous, the food today was amazing, and for the most part, F and I got on really well.  


Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to get some sleep.  I’m very, very tired!  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Sounds like you had a really great day!

Good on you for getting your flu shot. I got one this year for the first time in about 20 years. OUCH! But I guess it's better than relying on herd immunity all the time.

Helen said...

Yes, it really was a great day! Bit surprising really!

The flu shot didn't hurt, but now my arm is swollen up around the injection shot, and it's really red. That seems to happen every year.