October 31, 2016

Monday - Rainy and cool

A good day.

I got up this morning a bit early and came through to the living room.  I made some tea and got my breakfast together too.  I also made up tomorrow’s breakfast so that was a little exciting too.  I managed to watch The X-Files while I was doing it, so yay.

I had a bit of a nap after breakfast and tea, woke up and got dressed before 12.  I turned off the TV and got stuck in to my column.  I think I wrote it all, but will go back and check it tomorrow before I send it in.  I like to sleep on it for a night or two.

That took most of the afternoon, so I was almost glad when it was time to get dinner prep started! I had a quick lunch first, and had some of F’s bread.  I had finally twisted his arm into making bread again.  It was so nice! I did the dishes and then started peeling potatoes and generally working on my curry.

I made a recipe I have only made once before, and this time I cut back a lot on the amount of cayenne pepper.  It was still a tad too hot for me, but it was very edible!  I made the curry and also put on a pot of quinoa to cook.  

F came home while the curry was cooking and he said he liked the way it smelled.  Yay.  Finally, I had dinner all done and we sat down. The curry was great.  F had his on rice, me on quinoa.  We had some salad on the side too.  It really was good.  No meat in it, the only thing was I used a chicken consomme cube for the base.  

Almost immediately after dinner, F did a runner.  He went back to the bedroom and went to sleep.  I cleaned up the kitchen and then did the dishes.  He slept until quite late and only woke up because his mother called him.  I was a tad sad because I had barely talked to him at all today. 

He stayed up for a while before taking his bath.  While he was gone, I popped myself some popcorn in the microwave and then ate it.  I did offer him some, but he didn’t want any.  I also had some gorgeous chocolate tea that a friend had given me. 

That was it for my day. Tomorrow I have to check my column and then send it in to the editor.  After that I’ll be free.  Hurray!  That’s it for me for now.  Come back later and see if I get my column sent in and what else I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: