November 30, 2016

Wednesday - Cloudy and warmish

A good day.

I got up this morning a tad late.  I had been up earlier, but went back to sleep and then didn’t wake up. Sigh. Oh well.

I got up and breakfasted and such on the couch…watched some Martha Stewart on the DVR.  She was on about eggs, which was actually quite good for me to see.

I took a shower just as F came home and had a bit of a irate moment with him when I asked him if he was going to wash the dishes that he left in the sink. Apparently, no he wasn’t.  He didn’t have time. Hurumph.  I’m off the opinion that if you come home and make dishes, you damn well better make time to wash your dishes.  He went back to work without doing them.

I did some computer stuff and a little later had my lunch.  I had leftovers from last night’s dinner and they were awesome.  I had a Buddha bowl, quinoa, pork with kimchi, stir-fried brussels sprouts and a bit of baby leaf salad on top with a touch of French dressing.  It was so good!  It gave me killer breath of course, but serious yum.  I did my dishes and most of F’s too.  I left him the pan.  I basically ignore the poor pan since he wrecked it. I won’t use it to cook, he does, but I think he’s nuts.  

I went outside and went to the bike shed.  On the way there I noticed that someone had very carefully folded up a scarf and placed it near the entrance to the bike shed so that it wouldn’t be run over by cars.  I knew that scarf….intimately! I made it for F, TWICE. It was his clapochet, the one he lost on the way back from Taiwan, that I had to remake.  I brought it in the apartment and put it up.  

I biked off to the drugstore, hacked around, bought some stuff and then came home.  It wasn’t a big deal, but it was the first time I left the apartment in days.

When I came home I decided to get a start on dinner.  I started cutting up the onions we had in the kitchen, and then I began to caramelize them.  F phoned to say he was finished work and offered to pick up a few things.  I asked if he’d rather eat at home or out tonight and he said out after I told him how long it would take me to finish the dish. That was actually fine with me.  

When he came home, I was still in the midst of onion caramelizing so I finished that up and put the onions in the fridge to use tomorrow.  

I changed my clothes and a few minutes afterwards we were off.  He had suggested Japanese curry, but I countered with fish, so we went to Sashimi-ya and had a nice meal there.  

Afterwards, we picked up the kerosene tanks at home.  We went to the grocery store and picked up a few little things for dinner then went and got kerosene.  

We came home and had a quiet evening in.  I did a few postcrossing cards up and crocheted a couple of squares during that Cyber CSI show.  

So that was about that.  I didn’t cook dinner tonight, but I will tomorrow. It should be a touch faster since I don’t have to caramelize the onions first.  I also have an avocado that is nearly ready to make guacamole with, but it seems to be the only one.  Oh no! 

And that was about it for my day. It turned out to be quite good after all.  Hurray for that.  Come back later and find out about Thursday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: