March 14, 2017

Tuesday - Pi Day! - Rainy and cold

An okay day.

I got up this morning and did my usual breakfast and tea on the couch.  I was a little busier than normal though.  In the first break, I took care of a couple of personal things and I made the bed.  

After my show, I boxed up our videos.  Yes, we still have some of those. F has a VHS machine back at the house.

F came home for his lunch and I think was surprised to see me working.  He also was nice to me, so that was good!  I had pre-boiled the kettle for him, and along the way offered him some coffee.  

After he left for work, I did a few more things including cleaning the toilet.  The top had some stains in it, so I tried a couple of things.  At first I tried WD40, which was okay, and then I tried baking soda, which was much better. I did some general throwing out of stuff for a while.

Around 2 pm I started making dinner.  I did have to do some prep work, but I put everything in my slow cooker and then left it.  I made Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew.  

I knew that F would be late today, so I did the kitchen clean up early and got it done in time.  Yay.  I decided to tackle my computer desk and got through a huge mound of papers.  There are some things that I want to keep, but I did throw out a lot of stuff.  

When F came home, he brought me a White Day present, which was nice of him, as I hadn’t been out to get him one.  I got dinner together fairly quickly.  I cooked the last of yesterday’s bacon and then we had the stew, plus bacon, plus yesterday’s quinoa.  I thought the stew was fabulous, F liked the bacon a lot!  He said the stew was good, but didn’t want seconds.  Sigh.  

After a while, he did the dishes and then we went to the grocery store for a quick shop.  F needed rice, and I wanted something for dinner on Thursday.  

We came home again and watched Castle.  I sewed some of the squares together on the blanket.  I have 4 left, and then I can start the edging.  Woot.

That’s about it for today.  Tomorrow the packing continues.  I’m trying to decide where to start.  I could possibly move out some more of my hobby stuff, but I think it might be hard for F to move it all by himself.  


Come back later and hear all about my scintillating packing!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: