April 26, 2017

Wednesday - Rainy

A good day.

We got up this morning and left quite early.  We did our now usual thing of getting coffee at the 7-11 and then going to the apartment where F dropped me off.

I didn't get to work today as I had plans early on.  However, I took a shower and then did a bit of laundry, so I wasn't entirely a couch potato.

Around 11 am I went to meet with a friend of mine.  We went to Tokai, the yarn shop, where I didn't buy anything, but she did. She was looking for yarn to make a baby blanket, I helped her find it and then we went off for lunch.  We went to Anmol and had some very nice Indian food.  I had a vegetarian curry and she had something with meat in it.  We also had naan, salad and some tandori chicken too.  We had a great discussion about work and family and friends and travel.  It was lovely.

When we had stayed in the restaurant as long as we should, we decamped to Doutor in the mall. We had more discussion there and I used the wifi to update some of my apps! All too soon, it was time for her to go, so she dropped me off at my apartment and went on her way.  I got to work.

Today my task was to wash the walls of the bedroom.  I got them done too, so that was good.  There are a few problem areas, but the room as a whole looks much better and fresher.  F came back to the apartment around 6 and spent a bit of time doing some cleaning of the fixtures in the apartment.  I made us some tea and after a bit, we went out for dinner.

I had suggested going to the new fish restaurant that F likes.  We went there and it wasn't busy at all.  We were directed to a private dining room when we got there, but when we went in, the table was covered in dirty dishes!  There was almost no-one in the restaurant.  I refused to sit down, and went back out again to the main part of the restaurant.  A different waiter appeared and when he saw the dishes directed us to another table.  We did have a nice meal, after all of that.  We both had cooked fish.  F had my usual, gindara, and I had hokke, which was very big and nice. Mine was so big that I shared it with F.  

After dinner we hit up the drugstore nearby.  I was having a chocolate craving, so I got some and also picked up some junk food, drinks and shampoo for F.  We also got a card from the shop tonight too.  We shop there a few times a month now, so might as well get one.  We came back to the house after that.

We had a quiet evening in so far.  F is snoozing behind me,  I'm tired, but so far not falling asleep.  I've read a couple of chapters of 1984 tonight. It's a bit confusing, but I see parallels to certain governments.  

F is talking about taking tomorrow off if his back is bad.  Of course, I don't want him to suffer, but I also don't want him hanging around the apartment all day.  I have things that I want to get done, and he has a tendency to get in my way, or do things in a different way.  Still, we have a lot to do, and not a lot of time to do them either.  

Come back later and see what my Thursday looks like.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: