August 15, 2017

Tuesday - Warm and Sunny, cloudy at times

A good day.

This morning I woke up early again and F said that he was going to go to work today.  Yay for him.  He must have been feeling better.  I snoozed a little longer but was up before 8 am.

I watched the news and relaxed, then got dressed and took my hot water pot downstairs and refreshed the water, and brought it back upstairs.  I went down around 9:30 this morning and prepared breakfast for K and I and then we ate.  I did the dishes afterwards.  I asked her if it was okay if I used the washing machine, and it was.  

I came upstairs and over the next little while ended up doing 3 loads of laundry.  I’m glad to get it done and out of the way though.  

I did some computer stuff, watched some TV and drank some tea and coffee too.  I went downstairs around 12:30 to prepare lunch, but K didn’t want any.  No problem.  I had a salad bowl with a couple of English Muffins and the last of my garlic sausage.  So yum.  

I ate upstairs and also watched some more telly.  Later in the day, I was about to change my clothes when I heard K bumping around outside my room.  She doesn’t usually come upstairs…and she was sweeping.  Sigh.  I knew I should have vacuumed.  She didn’t bring a dustpan with her and after I took the broom from her and swept everything into a pile she disappeared.  I used my hands and some paper to sweep up as much of the dust as I could and then put it into the garbage.  A few minutes later K was outside my door again with a dustpan and a different broom. There wasn’t much dust of course and I tried to tell her that it wasn’t her job to keep this area clean.  I do a crappy job of it, but it’s not her problem.  

What I did do after she left was to fix the curtains.  The hem was coming down on the curtains outside our room, so I basted them up again.  I don’t think the person who did them before me had done more than I did so it probably won’t matter.  It took a few minutes and looks much better.

F came home around 6 and had had a good day.  We talked about dinner and decided that fish would be good for him. Where to go?  He wanted to go for sushi at first, but the three places we looked at were still crowded, so we ended up at the place near the station and had donburi and shared a cooked omelette.  

We went to a McDonald for our wifi fix and then bought a few groceries before coming back to the house.  

We had a good if quiet evening.  I tried to work on the edging of my blanket, but the light wasn’t good enough to work on the black yarn. I did a couple of postcards up and also watched a couple of things on TV.  That was about it for me.  

Tomorrow I hope to do more postcrossings and maybe work a little on my column for September.  Fingers crossed I really do it!  

Come back a bit later and see what I get up to on Wednesday.  Until tomorrow….


No comments: