August 23, 2017

Wednesday - Cloudy & humid

A good day.

Had my usual sort of morning, got up and watched the news, etc.  I had breakfast with K this morning and then came upstairs to spend time on my computer and drink coffee.  I began printing a few things for my trip.  I needed an itinerary for my husband and one for me too. 

I went down a bit later for lunch but K didn’t want any.  That was okay.  I just had it upstairs by myself.  I watched some of Agents of Shield from the DVR and enjoyed it a lot.  

This evening, F came back to the house and brought us a drink each. Yay.  We talked about dinner and he said he didn’t really want any.  He’s been having stomach troubles and is trying to take things easy.  I suggested that we go to Gusto because I could get something I like there and he had a few options, plus drink bar.  

We went and it was fine.  F had a tofu salad and I had some grilled chicken.  We both had a kakigori too, just small ones.  We bought a few groceries at the supermarket and then came back to the house.  

On the way we started talking about walking and how we were planning to do it, but never did, so F asked me if I’d like to go tonight.  Yes.  I changed my clothes and then F and I went off for a bit of a walk.  It was only the first night, so we only went for a mile, but it was quite nice.  I hope that we are able to do it again.

We came back to the house and while I watched Grey’s Anatomy I finally finished darning in the ends on one side of my poncho.  I did start the second half of it, but only got a few done.  This is not the fun part!

And that’s about it.  F and I had a bit of a serious talk tonight about stuff.  It was prompted by an article a friend posted on Facebook.  Basically, it was how children don’t really want to take on the stuff of their parents.  We don’t have children, so I asked him what he’d like done with one of his family heirlooms if he shuffles off this mortal coil before I do.  He told me to take it to Canada with me, but I don’t think I could.  I think it should go to a Japanese family member.  He’ll get back to me on that.  

And that was basically my day today.  I did finish writing my column, although I have to proof it and then format it before I send it to the editor.  I hope it'll be okay!


Come back later on and see how Thursday goes.  Until tomorrow....

No comments: