August 6, 2017

Sunday - Hot and Sunny

A good day!

I actually had a really great day today.  I met an old friend, saw and ex-student, and won two prizes.  Yay me!

In the morning F, K and I went out for breakfast.  We went to Cocos and I had the Spanish Omelet again.  It was good, but I do wish they wouldn’t put wieners in it.  Sausages would be better. We left the restaurant and K asked if we could go shopping, so we did that!  She was looking for a new shirt.  We looked around S-Mall, and didn’t find anything.  We did get a few groceries there though, brought them back to the house and then went to Mikawa Mall.  In the mall, we bumped into a friend of ours who lives in New Zealand!  Like me, she’s married to a Tsuruoka guy, but unlike me, she has 3 children and lives in her home country.  We didn’t have long to chat as she was with her in-laws, but it was lovely to see her again.  

A few minutes later I bumped into an ex-student from my Eikaiwa days, didn’t do more than nod and wave, but it was lovely to see her.  

K bought one new top for herself, but she didn’t see anything else she’d like.  We also had some drinks and doughnut holes at Mister Donut.  

We came back to Tsuruoka and let K out at the house. F wanted to get his hair cut, so we went downtown again to do that.  F dropped me off at S-Mall again, where I did a little shopping again.  Just me, so nothing major.  I did have a bit of an embarrassing moment though, I bought something at the hundred yen shop but I couldn’t find my wallet.  I looked all through my purse but couldn’t see it.  There’s a lot of stuff in there.  I had to stand off to the side and let someone else go until I found it, and I did find it thankfully!

I went down to Doutors for a drink and bought it and a cookie.  Because I’d spent more than a certain amount, I was given a lottery card…and I won!  I could get either a bag of coffee or a bag of individual drip coffees.  I chose that since we still haven’t unpacked our coffee maker.   F came a few minutes later and met me with his shorter hair.

We went back to the house for a little rest and then went out again.  We went to the hardware store and picked up a few things.  We got a light bulb for the toilet room, some tissues and some drinks for K and even looked at handrails to see what they had.  

We thought about dinner after that and decided to try the newest sushi restaurant.  We went but there was a 100 minute wait time.  I didn’t want to stay, but F did!  We went to the new drugstore in the same parking lot and spent a bit of time there, then went back to the sushi restaurant.  We still had to wait about 20 minutes, but I don’t think it was too bad.  

We ate quite a lot of sushi and generally enjoyed it.  It is the kind of place where you put your plates into a slot and for every 5 plates you have a chance to win something.  Well, over the course of the evening, I won an eraser!  Yay me again.  

We got a few groceries and then came back to the house.  We had some drinks and then took our showers.  

So that was it.  It was a busy but good day.  I hope that tomorrow will be a little cooler, but I doubt that it will be, sad to say.  

Come back later and find out what will happen around here on Monday.   Until tomorrow….

No comments: