August 31, 2017

Thursday - Cool and cloudy, warmer in the afternoon

An okay day.

I had my usual kind of morning really. This morning I set out breakfast for K and I and then we ate. I brought the vacuum upstairs afterwards and gave our rooms a bit of a go over. I did the hall too. I left the vacuum up here in a corner. No there’s no room for it, but I don’t want to bring it up every time.

I had a good middle morning, I put more stuff in my suitcase for my trip, sorted out some laundry, folded the stuff I got in last night and drank a lot of tea and coffee.  

I went down to grab my lunch and asked K if she’d like lunch too, not really expecting that she would. She would! I ended up making her tuna salad and putting it on bread, made myself a chicken sandwich and served them both with salad. It was quite nice actually. I did dishes afterwards of course, then went back upstairs.  

I order some tea for myself from the little shop in Banff that I visited when I was there two years ago. I’ll have it delivered to my sister’s house. It’s expensive-ish, but I don’t drink much so I think I deserve it! 

F popped in for a couple of minutes before he finished work, then he left again.  

When F came home he vegged for a while. I went downstairs to get a start on dinner. I washed the dishes that we’d use and got things out and ready to go. When he finally came downstairs we got in each other’s way a bit, but it basically worked out fine. We just had rice in bachelor packets, beef tongue curry in packets and miso soup from packets, but it actually went rather well. I think F’s mother was happy to have us eat together and not spend a lot of money doing it. I offered us all dessert afterwards, but there weren’t any takers.

F and I went out to get some WiFi and we had dessert and drink bar at Gusto. It was quite nice really, and we kept it fairly low cost with coupons and the app.  

We came back to the house and F and I both took early showers. I wanted to be back in time to watch Rizzoli and Isles. Tonight was the last episode.  It made me a little sad to be honest. I enjoyed it a lot over the years. It wasn’t the greatest show ever, but it didn’t make fun of the characters and it was lovely to see a show with two strong female leads. I did a little more darning in of ends on my poncho. I hope I can get it done soon.  I think I’m over half way done on this side. Fingers crossed anyway!

And that’s about it. F is tired so is snoozing away. Tomorrow I am going to go out early and have lunch and then get my hair cut. I’ve been out a lot this week, and it’s been great! I think with the cooler weather I might be able to do that a bit more!  


Come back later and see if I like my new hair and if I manage to work out how to catch the bus!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: