September 17, 2017

Sunday - Rainy and very windy

A goodish day.

F and I slept in very late today.  We didn’t have any plans really.  I did wake up early and checked the website of my airline, but there wasn’t any news.  We finally roused ourselves in the afternoon.  I suggested a few restaurants. F got a bit testy with me but finally decided on one of them.  We went to Hyakkenbori with his mother and it was a good choice I think.  

We had a lovely meal in the restaurant looking over the lake and university grounds.  I had chicken and the others had fish.  We were all quite pleased in the end.  

We came back to the house and I spent some time going through my handbag and taking things out.  I put a few things in too, like my passport! 

After a while, I made a suggestion to F that we go out for coffee and some wifi, then go to a grocery store and bring back things for dinner.  He liked that idea.  That is basically what we did.  

It was nice to have dinner at the house with K.  We had a lot of food, I chose roast beef and a small quiche for K & I.  I also suggested a hot salad, which went over very well, plus a bit of kabocha salad.  F picked up a shrimp dog for himself and a couple of packets of pork on rice.  That was quite good too.

After dinner, F did the dishes and I dried them.  We came upstairs and I read the internet and tried to find out about the typhoon.  It is still coming this way.  Some of the early flights at our local airport have been cancelled, but hopefully, my flight will be okay.  If it isn’t, I might have to rebook the trip over.

We came upstairs and I took a shower fairly soon.  When I was done, I printed off my boarding passes and checked my suitcase.  I opened it up, took a few things out and put a big sweater in. Everyone says how cold it is right now.  

At one point I told F off because he kept telling me about the cancellations and I didn’t want to hear it!  I had asked him to try to rebook my ticket to fly out today, but he wouldn’t, so I’m just a little bit grumpy at him.  

I watched a bit of TV and have been trying to keep up with the storm.  I hope things go well tomorrow.  If they do I won’t be updating for a bit. Wish me luck with that!  Until I write again….




No comments: