September 8, 2017

Friday - Sunny and Warm

A goodish day.

I had such a normal morning there isn’t much to talk about. I tried to write an email, but it got put off until later.  When I went downstairs, K was cooking something that F and I were planning to cook for dinner tonight.  Okay.  That’s fine.

I watched the last two episodes of Reign that I had on the DVR. I enjoyed it. I wonder if NHK will run the rest of it?! And…it’s funny that I ask that because I just did a search for it and the second season will start this coming week!! I really didn’t know.

I went down to have lunch a little early and asked K if she’d like to join me.  She would, so I put together almost the same things as yesterday, but a little differently.   We had open faced sandwiches again, but just two.  I did tuna salad and cold meat with salad on the side.  Yum.

In the afternoon I did a few things on my computer and even burned a couple of CDs for my trip.  I don’t think I’ve done that before on this computer but it worked well.  I even printed out the labels for them.  

I wrote out a Gotochi card that I am sending to a friend and then biked off to the post office to send it.  I’m not a big fan of my local post office. It isn’t a “real” post office and they don’t do all the things that a post office would do.  For example, I couldn’t send packages off to my family from there.  However, I asked about the Gotochi card and they quoted me a really low amount so I checked them and said that last time it was 120 yen.  They looked it up and I was right! If I spend that much on a card, then I really want it to get to the person.

I biked back to the house via a convenience store where I picked up a milky drink and some senbei.  I watched the news and did a bit more computer stuff when I got back.

F was a bit late, I think he arrived around 6 tonight.  He seemed rather angry at his mother because she was cooking the nabe.  We had planned to do it but she did it instead.  I didn’t care all that much as long as the food got cooked. First F said he wouldn’t eat any, then he said he would.  I told him I was going to!

I went down to see if I could help K. I wasn’t able to do much. I did sort out drinks for us, but that’s about it.  I watched her make parts of it and it was a little scary how she used the knife, but I tried not to say anything or I might make it worse.  Anyway, we had the imoni nabe and it was good.  F did come and eat, but he didn’t eat all that much.  He was quite grumpy tonight and sort of told off his mother for cooking it. He’d wanted to use a recipe that he’d found.  

I tried to keep things light and cheerful, not sure if I succeeded.  K didn’t really deserve F’s bad mood, she was trying to help!

I washed the dishes and pots and pans and put the leftover nabe in the fridge.  After a while, F and I went out for our Wifi fix.  

We went over to Gusto and had dessert.  He had an ice cream cake, I had an apple pizza with soft ice cream on the side.  It was nice.  

We came back to the house and relaxed.  While I was watching TV, we got an earthquake warning and then the house began to move.  It wasn’t too bad, apparently only a 1 or 2, but it kind of freaked me out a bit! 

F went down and took his shower and then I went after him.  F was bopping around in the kitchen making ramen when I got in the shower.  Luckily I just sprayed my legs to start as it was very cold.  I wrapped myself in my towel and asked him if the water heater was on.  It wasn’t!  He’d forgotten I was going to take a shower and had turned it off.  Ack!  Happily, he turned it back on and I took my real shower.  


That’s about it for today really.  Tomorrow we have to go to the doctor’s clinic and I am hoping we’ll take in a movie too.  Wish us luck with it all.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: