October 20, 2017

Friday - Cool and rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning on time, had a quiet morning really.  It was nice.  F got off to work on time but was a little slow moving in the morning.  The weather doesn’t do his back any favours.  I had breakfast a little late this morning with K, but it was our usual cereal fest!

I came back upstairs, re-watched last week’s Castle and then grabbed my clothes from the garage.  They were dry, or nearly so.  I came back to my room and watched a bit of Scorpion too.  Not sure about that one.  I went down a bit after 1 to do lunch today because I was worried about getting hungry during my evening’s class.  K surprised me by wanting to have lunch with me, so I prepared something for both of us. We had two pieces of bread left, some sliced roast beef, and half a bag of salad.  I made a roast beef sandwich for us, cut into four pieces. I put the salad in our bowls and then added a little bit of the roast beef to it.  I also thought I’d add some instant soup to the fray.  Just then, F’s niece arrived with her daughter to visit her grandmother.  K invited her for lunch and I was a bit worried because I didn’t really have enough for three people but she said she’d already eaten.  Whew!  We sat and chatted and watched the baby play for an hour.  

After she left, K and I had our lunch and it was quite nice.  I got most of the sandwich and the instant soup was pretty good as well.  I did the dishes afterwards as well.  

I went back upstairs and did a few things to pass the time.  During the day, I had put out my clothes so I didn’t have to think about it later. However, I thought about changing the shirt I picked but when I was in my closet looking for another one, a temporary bar that F had put up years ago came loose.  It crashed down and put a hole in the paper window shade.  Oh no!  After all that, I didn’t even change my shirt. 

F called me at 5:15 to say he was on his way back, so I quickly dressed and went downstairs so that I could jump in the car when he arrived.  He got back around 5:40 and then we were off.  He made really good time and dropped me off outside the place where the class meets.  I went in and from then on things went well.  

After the class, I called F to pick me up, which he did.  We had dinner at Gusto. I had hoped for Cocos, but F didn’t want to go there.  

After a while in the restaurant, we came back to the house.  F is really tired today, so he went to bed quite soon.  I’m still up blogging but am yawning away.  I’ve been back in Tsuruoka for a week now and Canada feels a bit like a lovely dream.  I had such a good time with my family and am not having such a great time here. 

I just edited out a big paragraph about why I am not glad to be here.  I know that when I was away F found my blog again so I’m not sure that I want to be that forthcoming.  I do have plans to make this space better, but I am getting either opposition or apathy on all sides.  

Anyway, sorry for the whiny post.  I know, First World Problems.  


To let you know, I won’t be posting tomorrow night as we’re going off for a night. Hopefully, you’ll hear from me on Sunday!  You can look forward to that!  Until tomorrow’s tomorrow…. 

No comments: