October 25, 2017

Wednesday - Sunny, then cloudy

A good, but odd day.

I got up this morning, did my usual stuff.  I had a call from F asking me to be ready at 1:30 in the afternoon, and ask his mother to come too. He needed us to bring our identity cards for some tax papers.  I decided that I would wait and try to get the message across to K during breakfast.

I went down and prepared breakfast.  I had everything ready when F called me again to say he was on his way to pick us up. I was nonplussed to say the least.  I told him that we were just going to eat, but he was on his way.  He arrived and talked to his mother.  She didn’t know where her card was, so F left and said he’d come back later.  We ate our breakfast finally and it was nice, if quite late!

Later on, F called to say that he was able to get the papers he needed without our ID so all that kerfuffle was for nought!  Crazy guy.

I did dishes and then a load of laundry. I brought a few things in from the garage, I wasn’t sure if they were dry or not at first, so I hung them over the heater.  

In the afternoon, I was going to go down for lunch, but when I did, I noticed that K was entertaining a friend.  I didn’t really want to disturb them, so I decided to wait.  I did get called in to meet the lady, but she didn’t speak English, and I didn’t understand her accent at all!  I made an escape upstairs a little later.  I had my lunch quite late, around 2 I think. It wasn’t bad, a bagel, duck and some salad.  

In the afternoon I worked on my lesson plan for Friday’s class. I got things worked out and printed up.  I have one little thing to do and that is to cut up some cards I made.  It took a while, but I wanted to get it all down on paper.

Around 4, K called me down and gave me some of the local persimmons.  I had a few bites and then took the rest upstairs with me. I thought it was a tad odd that she wouldn’t have any with me, but whatever!

F came back to the house around his usual time and we talked about dinner.  We thought we might make a nabe but we couldn’t find our nabe pot!  Then, he suggested going for sushi, so that’s what we did.  

The three of us went to the sushi restaurant and got right in. We didn’t have to wait.  The food was good, but for some reason, K sat next to the conveyor belt.  F did too, which was fine.  K didn’t take any food off the belt and she didn’t help when food arrived for us.  I think I was a little grumbly about it at first, but then I thought it was funny. Poor F didn’t have a very relaxing meal.  We ordered 3 plates of onion rings and when they came, K ate hers and then wanted more.  We ordered another plate, but she didn’t want them by the time they arrived!  

Some of the food was nice, but we didn’t win the lottery until the end! I got a keychain that I’ll likely not use!

We brought K home and then F and I went out again to get some wifi.  We went to Mosburger for a drink.  

We came back to the house and I watched a bit of telly.  It was rather enjoyable. I’ve just started watching The Blacklist and since I’ve always been a huge fan of James Spader, I am loving it. 


That’s about it for me.  Tomorrow I might go for a walk, or I might stay in and do some baking. I’m not sure really.  Come back and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: