October 27, 2017

Friday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I had an okay morning. I got up at my usual time and watched the news. I even made the bed nice and early so I didn’t have to rush later on. I went downstairs and had breakfast with K, and that went well too.

I grabbed my two small towels that were hanging in the garage and brought them up to my room. I did a bit of Postcrossing too. Today I wrote up 3 cards and got F to send them, but that’s getting ahead of myself. I put out the clothes I wanted to wear for tonight during my class. And, I did a bit of binge-watching of Twin Peaks!  I don’t know if I watched three or four episodes, but it was quite good. It seemed to make more sense that way than usual. I didn’t go downstairs until after 2 for my lunch. 

I prepared my lunch and it was good. I did ask K if she would like some, but she’d already eaten.  I had some cooked vegetables, a cheese bagel and the rest of my smoked duck breast plus the smoked salmon I bought yesterday. It was amazing really!

F started phoning me around 4:30 to report that he didn’t know if he’d finished work on time.  Since I needed him to drive me to work, it was a bit nerve-wracking. He phoned me around 5:15 too, to say that he was able to finish soon and would come and get me. He showed up just before 6 because traffic was bad. To do him credit, he got me to where I needed to be before my self-appointed deadline, so that was fine! I taught my class and was a little sad to have to say goodbye to them again. I was just filling in for a friend for a couple of weeks.

F picked me up and we went to Gusto for dinner. He’d already eaten a bit of food, so had a side dish and I had a burger with avocado. They were both quite good. We were very quiet there as we were both engrossed in our phones. That’s something that is happening a bit too much in my opinion.  

We came back to the house and F went to bed almost immediately. I watched a bit of telly, but not the stuff I really wanted to watch. (I have recorded Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but haven’t seen it yet.) And that’s my day basically. It wasn’t bad at all.  


We’ll be away this weekend, but not until Sunday. I most likely will blog tomorrow night, so come back if you are at all interested!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: