November 25, 2017

Saturday - Cold and snowy

(Should I point out there is only one month before Christmas?No?)

A good day.

I slept in this morning, but did set my alarm to get me out of bed. It mostly worked. F took his mother off to the onsen, so I was able to take care of a few housekeeping things I do.  

He didn’t come back for ages, and then when he did, he took off again to see his doctor. He didn’t get back until after 1 pm. Of course he wanted to eat and as usual, asked for suggestions. I had one for him. The Daiichi Hotel has a Japanese restaurant on the 9th floor and they have a reasonable set menu. We all went today. F was champing at the bit to get to the restaurant, but his mother was walking quite slowly. I suggested that he go ahead and see if we could still get in, and I’d make sure that K could get there too. That’s what we did basically.

We had a fabulous view of the city, and it was quite different from usual. We were often put in another room on the other side of the building so we were really seeing things differently. The meal was quite good too. It was a hamburg and chawanmushi, miso soup and rice. We all enjoyed it. I suggested a bit of shopping to K, but she didn’t want to at first, but then saw the grocery store and went for it! We picked up a few things and brought them and her back to the house.  

F asked me if I’d like to go out again and said yes. K told us she didn’t need dinner today, so we went off quite guilt free! We picked up some snacks over at Mina, hit up the new hardware store, where I bought something for a friend, and then the hundred yen shop. We each got a few small things, nothing too exciting. 

After all of this, I was getting thirsty, so F suggested coffee. The first place we looked at was closed, so we went to Cafe Studio Cinq. I had a soy latte, F had a coffee. We made use of their wifi and had a nice time there for a while. 

F wanted dinner and suggested one place, I countered with a different place. We went there, but it was really busy, so they seated us near the door. F ordered a fish donburi and I ordered a fish nabe because I wanted something cooked. After 15 minutes of waiting, the waitress told us the nabe was just for two people. I was really disappointed and decided not to have anything then. Of course, F got his pouty-face on, so I got worried and had something to eat. I had the salmon and salmon eggs on rice. It was fine, but really not what I wanted.  

After all of this, we just came back to the house. We were back rather early for us. We watched a movie on WOWOW that we’d seen on my birthday this year and enjoyed it.  


I took a shower and we have just been relaxing ever since. It turned out to be a fairly decent day.  I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow, I hope it goes well though.  Come back and see.  Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Marta Mae said...

One month to Christmas???!!!!! How is THAT possible??!!!! I am NOT ready!!!!!! I am working on 3 blankets and only one is done. Worse, it was a blanket for myself, so I should have been less selfish and done it last. The other two are gifts for somebody; theoretically they were a priority BUT I really thought I have TIME. Oh, my... One month!!!! :)

Helen said...

I know! It's hard to believe, isn't it? But, yes, one month.

You'll just have to work faster on your blanket and super fast on the others?!!

Thanks for visiting and commenting!!

Marta Mae said...

Ha ha, yes, I need to summon my super-knitting powers!

Helen said...

Would love super-knitting powers...or super-crocheting powers!!