December 12, 2017

Tuesday - Snowy & cold in Tsuruoka and Sendai (a bit)

An okay day.

I had a really great three days away until I came crashing back to reality in Tsuruoka, when my husband proceeded to yell at me, so I wish I didn’t come back.  We kind of made up by not talking about it as usual, but I’m so, so tired of this crap.  Being by myself in Sendai was wonderful.  I could eat when and what I wanted and do what I wanted…coming back here I have two complicated Japanese people around who act like I’m an interloper most of the time. 

Anyhoo. Today, I checked out of the hotel on time and went to have lunch. I had lunch at a place in Parco 2 in Sendai, then went to see Justice League again. This time I saw it in IMAX/3-D so it was quite cool.  I also heard the film a lot better this time.  

After the movie, I didn’t have long to wait before my bus, so I picked up my bags and went over to the bus station via the train station for food and souvenirs. I had a gander at the book store, but found it terribly disappointing. There are almost no English books now. The shop has moved everything around and decimated their supply. Niigata has more in their store. Or they did.

I got a bottle of water at the bus station and as I did that, noticed that the bus was already outside.  I went out and got on.  

For the next 3 hours I was on the bus, listening to podcasts. I enjoyed the trip, snoozed a very little and was glad when we stopped halfway to have a washroom break.

At S-Mall, F picked me up and we went out. I wasn’t too hungry as I’d had a couple of gorgeous sandwiches on the bus so suggested just picking stuff up for dinner. Unfortunately, I didn’t hear part of what he said earlier…that his mother had made rice, so I chose a bento with rice. That was tantamount to treason so I put it back.  Then, there really was nothing else I was interested in at all.  

I picked up some salad for tomorrow, and then went back and got some chicken.  F had picked up 3 hamburger patties without asking me…I didn’t want one.  I had a real hamburger in Sendai two days ago, I didn’t want that fake J-stuff. So we were really getting on each other’s nerves.  

We came back to the house and I took all my stuff upstairs.  It was really hard to do that. I unpacked a few things but will leave the rest to tomorrow.  

After dinner, F cheered up a bit, but K still seemed angry at me.  She picks up on F’s mood and is angry on his behalf I think. I ignored her mostly and wouldn’t let her do my dishes.  She washes things without hot water. Yuck.

When F joined me upstairs he gradually got into a better mood.  It took a while though.  I had some of my new tea and tried to catch up on email and my woman’s group.  That’s really about it.

It is very cold and windy tonight. It has taken the heater about 6 hours to get the room warm at all.  I can’t believe that I have to turn off the heater in a few minutes. I wonder what the point is.


So that’s it for me.  Tomorrow I hope to do some laundry and get properly unpacked.  Come back later and find out what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: