December 2, 2017

Saturday - Snowy and cold

A good day.

This morning I slept in. I went to bed quite late, even for me, so just decided to get up whenever.  It was sometime around 10:30 when I stirred. F was up for a bit, but slept in too.  

We got dressed and went out for our lunch.  K didn’t want to go.  We just went to Gusto. It was fine really. I had a burger with salad and a bun, F had a Japanese meal.  

F had to get to work, so after a quick detour to the Gyomu Super, he dropped me off at the Internet Cafe. I was able to get a massaging chair right away and spent the next few hours in the chair. I watched a bit of TV, read a bit, had some tea and some coffee and just chilled. When F called me I was rather disappointed! I hadn’t finished my book yet.  

I went out with him and we decided to go to the grocery store to get his mother something to eat and then perhaps go to FoodEver and then to a movie. That’s actually what went down.  

We picked up a few things at the grocery store and delivered them. F changed out of his work clothes and I changed my socks since one was wet. We drove to FoodEver and had fish at the Fish restaurant there. I had one with roasted potatoes and F had one with roasted and tempura vegetables. We shared an order of sashimi which looked lovely, and also an order of bagna cauda from another restaurant. It was all really good food.

This is Sawara sashimi with oil and salt.  Very yum.
My dish, a local fish with roasted potatoes.  So good!
 We were low on time, so paid and then left for the theatre. Tonight we went to see Hidden Figures. I had seen it in Canada on Netflix with my family, but I knew that F would like it. I was surprised how many people went to see the film. I didn’t think that a film about African American women would go over well here, but it seemed to! Anyway, I enjoyed seeing the film again, so that was good.  

After the movie, we came back to the house.  It was freezing in our room, something like 9℃. Brr. The heater got things warmed up, but it took a while.  

I finished my book and it was fun. I really liked Dorothy Gilman’s novels so hope that I can find the sequel to The Clairvoyant Countess. I will look for it!

And really, that is it for me. It was a good day, so hopefully, I’ll be able to get something done tomorrow for Christmas. I really hope so anyway.

Come back later and find out how Sunday goes. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Marta Mae said...

I have watched that movie 3 times! I even recorded it last week, so I can watch it again with my friends. :)

Helen said...

It's a great one! Really enjoyable.

Thanks for visiting :-)