December 5, 2017

Tuesday - Rainy

An okay day.

I went to bed at a reasonable time last night, much more reasonable than tonight! This morning I got up and did my usual things like making the bed, getting dressed and drinking tea.  I went down around 10 to have breakfast, but K wasn’t up.  Since she went to the doctor yesterday, I wasn’t too surprised. I cleaned up the kitchen since F didn’t have time in the morning, washed a few dishes, and then prepped my breakfast and took it upstairs.  I grabbed a load of laundry and took it downstairs to wash, then came back upstairs to eat.  I heard the doorbell ring (F turned it up…yay!) and it was my brother-in-law checking on something for F.  He was surprised to see me at the door, but no worries.  He came back after a few minutes and said he’d call F to talk.  Good planning!

I went back upstairs and finally got breakfast eaten around 11am. That’s an hour later than usual.  

F called around 12 and asked if I wanted anything. I said no and told him I hadn’t seen his mother yet.  He came to the house and spent a bit of time here. I gave him some coffee and he seemed to enjoy it.  

I waited a bit for lunch but thought if K had gotten up, she might be hungry. I went downstairs and put together my lunch and prepared a plate for her too.  I know what it is like when you are tired and sick and don’t want to think about food.  

I brought my lunch upstairs, ate and spent time on my computer for a while.  I took my bowl downstairs.  There was still no sign of K.  I put her plate in the fridge and came back upstairs.

I did some Christmas wrapping today. It was fun, but also a bit of hard work.  I got the stuff for my friend wrapped and boxed.  I had to unwrap a couple of things to make them fit in the box!  Oh dear.  

F called after he finished work and I suggested that tonight he bring some things for his mother to eat.  I suggested light and easy to digest things like fish or eggs.  

A little while later he came home and went to check on his mother.  She got up and had quite a big dinner in the living room.  F had got extra food, so we shared that.  I gave his mother the plate that I had prepared earlier, she ate it all, plus more!  

After she ate, I washed the dishes and cleared away some of the plastic trays.  She stayed up watching TV for a bit and F and I went out for our dinner.  

F wanted cheap, but I wanted wifi, so we went to Gusto!  I had a coupon from my app so my main dish was cheap, I had drink bar too.  F had ramen and no drink bar and didn’t like it!

We visited the nearby MaxValu for a few groceries.  Honestly, we only picked up a few things.  Two salads, some tissues for me and one more thing.  I’m not sure what.  Groceries in hand, F visited a bank machine and then we went to the gas station.  F is still running the car until the gas light goes on. 

We came back to the house and his mum was still up.  We put stuff away and then came upstairs. F ended up going to bed fairly early, I’m still up.  I had some email to write that was causing me some stress. 

I woke up this morning with a runny nose and a bit of a temperature I think.  I cannot be getting sick again, can I?  I have a big trip this weekend and I really can’t be sick for it! 

Anyway, that’s it for me.  Tomorrow I hope to tackle the rest of my Christmas packages and see if we can get them in the mail sooner rather than later.  Fingers crossed it will work out.  

Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….


These are two failed ornaments for the exchange. I thought I'd do something different this year.
However, F looked at the green one and asked why did I want to put an arrow on a Christmas tree?
It was a Christmas tree!! Well, it was supposed to be one....

No comments: