January 4, 2018

Thursday - Snowy in the morning, clear later on.

A good day.

I got up at my old usual time, grabbed the kerosene tank and filled it up. I came back upstairs and started the heater and then watched the news and did some computer stuff for a while. I watched NCIS too. Yay.

I went downstairs this morning and K was up and bopping around the apartment. She was doing some housework I think. I asked her if she’d like breakfast and she would. So, today I made porridge! I made it in the microwave, so not really the traditional way, but it was fast and easy.  I put out some blueberries, some brown sugar and some milk for her. I had mine with yogurt and blueberries and then a small spoon of the brown sugar. She said she liked it, but I kind of think she was being polite!

I did the dishes and came back upstairs. I worked a little on my knitting loom. I put it together and watched a couple of YouTube videos so that I could figure out what I am doing. One hint I got from a video was to double the yarn. I hadn’t planned to do that, but I can absolutely see the point of it.  

F called to say he was coming by and was there anything for his lunch? Hurrmph. When he arrived I made him a cheese bagel with pastrami and mustard on it…I bagged it up for him to take with him. I’m so nice.

A bit later I went downstairs to see about lunch. K didn’t want any so I made my own and brought it upstairs. I watched the end of 2001 A Space Odyssey. Or tried to. It was odd. One day I may be able to sit down and watch the whole movie. One day I may want to! I did a couple of rows on my loom too.

A little after 4 pm I went outside and shovelled snow for a bit.  There was a lot in our driveway and I cleared most of it. My hands hurt quite a lot when I was done though.

I came back in, did some computer things and then F came back to the house. He wanted to go out tonight so he suggested an expensive place and I was okay with it. It wasn’t my favourite, but it’s okay. We went out to get some supplies and dinner for K, and when we got back, F suggested going to the Internet Cafe instead. I was okay with that too, so that’s what we did.  I grabbed a few things to take with me, like my craft work and then we drove over. There was only one massaging chair available and F let me have it tonight, which was very sweet of him.  I enjoyed myself and did a couple of rows more of the loom. It isn’t too difficult yet, I just am not sure about tension or if I’m doing it exactly right yet! F got a massaging chair of his own a little later and then we both had dinner separately. I had French Fries and a baked curry dish. It was good.  

Despite me being really nice and giving F a 15-minute notice of our leaving time, he wasn’t ready.  It rather annoyed me, since if I let him be in charge of the clock, he only gives me a two-minute warning and I’m supposed to leave on time. I gave him a good amount and he was still being massaged!

We came back to the house and F set up the bread maker for tomorrow.  He came upstairs and we had a relaxing evening. I watched a bit of TV and did another row on my loom.  I kind of dropped a stitch.  I’ll keep going for now because I don’t really know how to fix it and I would like to get more practice with this thing.  I can always rip it back if I don’t like it later on.  

So that was my day.  Tomorrow I would like to do a bit of laundry if I can, and I hope more knitting and even a Postcrossing if I have time.  I have no cards travelling at this time. It is so sad.  

Come back later and see how Friday goes. Until tomorrow….



No comments: