February 2, 2018

Friday - Sunny but cold

A good day.

I got up this morning and didn’t do my usual things!   I went downstairs and washed something that I usually do on weekends, got it done and brought back upstairs.  I caught up on NCIS and also the news, then watched a few things off the DVR.  I even brought my breakfast upstairs early today.  

I had a fairly quiet day today.  I did some moderating work for my group and I worked on some of my stuff here.  I never did get around to doing Postcrossings, although I meant to.  I watched Trainspotting 2 this afternoon. I had taped it a few days ago. I’m glad I watched it, but I’m not sure if I really am the right audience for those films. 

I stopped the film in the middle and went downstairs for lunch.  K still wasn’t up, so I made her a plate for lunch.  I had bought some stuff to share with her so wanted to make sure she got some.  I covered the plate and left it on the table.  I took mine upstairs where I ate it.

I did dishes around 4 and then went outside to see if I needed to shovel snow. I didn’t really!  It was nice to be outside though.  

I went back in and back to my computer.

When F came back an hour or so later, we decided to go out and buy the ingredients for a nabe.  The two of us went to the grocery store and stocked up.  We came back and F did all of the making of the nabe, although I did most of the table setting. The three of us ate the nabe and enjoyed it. It was a Goma chicken nabe and was very nice.  

I did all the dishes afterwards, which took a while.  I dried most of them too. 

After dinner, I suggested going out for a drink somewhere.  F was okay with that, so we drove to Mosburger and made use of their free wifi.  We each had a drink and a dessert which was nice.

We stayed until after 11 pm and then came back to the house.  I watched a bit of TV, F played with his phone…the usual.  


And that’s about it.  I’ll be back in a few days if all goes well.  F and I are off to Sendai for a couple of nights. I’m not going to stay on by myself like I did last year as I have another trip later on this month.  I am planning to blog on Monday night, but you just never know…I may give myself a night off if I’m tired. So, I’ll see you when I see you and all that kind of thing.  Until next time….

No comments: