March 5, 2018

Monday - Rainy but warmer

An okay day.
I got up quite early this morning. It was Oscar Morning after all!  I checked the TV and the pre-pre-show was on, so I got up, dressed, made the bed, got breakfast ready for myself and then settled in.  The Oscars today were okay, but not great.  They were probably too politically correct!  There were a few minutes that I enjoyed, but overall, today’s show was a big “meh”.  I did have my usual crew Facebooking the Oscars with me, so that was fun.

In the afternoon when it was finally over, I had lunch, washed the dishes and talked to F. He was in Sendai and didn’t expect to be back here for hours.  We chatted for a minute and then he had to go.  

I had a quiet time and caught up on some of my programs today.  When F came back we had a nice reunion and we decided to go out for dinner. F did a bit of searching for places on his phone and found a place that we hadn’t been to before.  We drove off with K in the back of the car.  

F parked the car and we walked to the restaurant.  It was tiny and quite shabby inside.  They didn’t even have a menu, just pictures up on the wall.  We ordered and in a short while got our food. It wasn’t bad at all, but my biggest complaint was that there was too much.  Afterwards, I said to F that it was the kind of restaurant that single guys would stop off at after work.  They’d have dinner and a beer or something, then leave.  The food was okay, but I’m not sure if we’ll go back or not.  Probably not!

We drove K back to the house and then F and I went out again.  I asked that we go to McDonald's for a minute or two for a drink since I was thirsty and wanted wifi.  After that, it was off to the grocery store for a few things for dinner tomorrow night.  And then, we went to the gas station to get more kerosene for our heaters and water heater.  

We came back to the house and I did up the plastic garbage for tomorrow.  F filled up the water heater’s kerosene tank and then we went upstairs. That’s basically it for us.  


It feels like a long day, but it was a fairly good day.  Come back here tomorrow if you feel like it and we’ll see what happens.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: