April 7, 2018

Saturday - Rainy and cool

An okay day.

F went off this morning quite early to see his doctor and I stayed in bed a little late.  It was lovely! I got up after a while and watched the news and a couple of shows off the DVR too.  F didn’t come back until almost 1 I think.  He called me and asked if he should pick something up for us, so I suggested just getting us all a bento from the store so we could eat together at the house for a change.  He did and we did.  It was quite nice, to be honest.  

After lunch, F and I did the dishes and then I checked the movie schedule.  We could go out to Mikawa and see a film at 3 pm and then run a couple of other errands while we were out there.  That’s what we did.  When we got to the mall, we went in and bought our tickets.  There was a woman from the theatre trying to “help” us, really I just wanted her to get lost. She kept putting the wrong movies in for us!  After she left, we tried to figure out how to do it.  I could have done it easily, but with F being there, I thought he should get the customer points for his credit card.  He didn’t understand what I was talking about and got pretty mad at me.  We did finally manage to get the tickets but he was furious with me and I thought he was thinking about chucking it in and not going to the film.  We had a few minutes before it started and I asked him what he’d like to do.  Again, more nastiness.  I was so tired of it.  I walked off and went into a shop that I used to like to have a look, but really didn’t have much time there.  We headed back to the theatre and got some popcorn and drinks and went to see Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.  I enjoyed the visuals but didn’t really think too much of the movie itself.  It was a bit like a combo of Avatar and I can't think what else.  It was a colourful, fairly happy film which isn’t that usual with science fiction.

After the film, we were both in a little better place.  We went to the “reform shop” and checked on my winter jacket.  They said maybe tomorrow or Monday night.  It’s almost been a month, but they did have to special order the zipper.  I looked at the craft section but didn’t buy anything.  

We drove over to the Across Plaza and went to the hundred yen shop.  I got a new string for my glasses.  Mine broke last night after my lesson.  Then, we went to Don Qihote for some cereal and a few other treats.  

F wanted to have dinner and I didn’t mind.  I suggested the pasta place in the mall. I thought F agreed with me, but when we came back to the mall, F decided to go and have ramen instead.  So, we went to separate restaurants for our dinner.  At least I got to read some of my book.  That was nice.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka, but neither of us wanted to go back to the house yet.  F suggested that we go to Dome, the restaurant/coffee shop and have a drink.  We got there just as the guy was taking down the open sign.  He did say it was okay to go in, so we did.  We ended up having the cake set and it was nice.  The coffee was small, but that was fine by me.

We came back to the house and F watched a little telly for a change and I took a shower.  At 11 I watched something and then offered the TV back to F.  He said it was okay so I watched something else.  

And that’s about it.  You are now up to date.  I have no idea what we are going to get up to tomorrow.  I hope it’ll be good, whatever it is.  Come back later and see. Until tomorrow….

No comments: