July 16, 2018

Monday - Hot and Humid, muggy

A good day.

This morning F and I slept in a bit.  It was lovely.  Why is it that we go on holiday and get up earlier than usual, more or less?  I don’t know either.  

F made his mother some udon and I imagine, he had some too.  I was offered it but didn’t want it.  After a while, F came back upstairs offering to take me out to lunch. Nothing came of that, then he started telling me some quite disgusting stories about dealing with human waste at his job and I really didn’t want to eat at all.  Not sure what he was thinking. It’s the second time in a few days he’s told me these stories and I wish he’d wait until another time.  

I realized that he had no intention of going out so after a while I had a very late breakfast of cereal and yogurt.  

We stayed in the house until 2 something I think, then went to the grocery store for a bento for his mother.  I got my lunch foods as well.  We dropped off the stuff and then headed out to the mall in Mikawa.

In Mikawa, we got our tickets and went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.  It wasn’t amazing or anything, but I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  The reviews have been horrible, but as a summer popcorn flick, I was entertained!

After the movie, F and I had dinner in the mall.  We both had bibinba, but different types.  Then, we walked over to the hardware store and bought a few things.  I got a new cleaning brush for the bathroom, F got something for work.  

Next up, we went back into the mall and had ice cream.  It was Baskin Robbins last day of buy-a-double and get a triple instead, so we took advantage of it.  Yum.

We came back to the house and took showers.  F went first and very sweetly turned off the water heater when he was done. Sadly, even though I was in the kitchen, I didn’t notice, so I had to get out of the shower and turn it back on.  Not best pleased, luckily I hadn’t soaked myself too much yet!

We watched last week’s episode of The Good Doctor and enjoyed it.  No fights like last week. Whew.  I did a bit of crochet.  I hadn’t done any at all when I was in Sendai.  Sigh.  I was just too tired for a change.  

And that’s about it. F turned on the AC around 10 pm as it was about 30 degrees in our room and so humid.  I’ll have to turn it off before bed, but I don’t really want to!


Come back later if you dare and see what I get up to on Tuesday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: