July 17, 2018

Tuesday - Hot and humid and hot with a touch of hot heat.

A bad day.

Today F was up and out of the house before I woke up.  It was his first day back at work after the weekend.  I got up, watched the news and since I haven’t started watching the latest 9 am drama, didn’t do the tea thing yet.  I put together a couple of loads of laundry and took one downstairs.  I started it and then grabbed my breakfast.  

In the afternoon I got into a fight with a friend on Facebook.  I’m not exactly even sure why it happened.  I asked her to give me some time to calm down and regroup, but she said that was unacceptable to her so I ended up cancelling one of the events on my trip to Niigata this weekend.  I’m rather sad about the whole thing.  It is so incredibly hot here in Japan that tempers flare very easily.  I’m not sure if we’ll ever feel the same way about each other again.  

The majority of my afternoon was taken up with this fight.  I did manage to wash my lunch dishes and also the new plates that we bought when we visited IKEA on the weekend.  I had to make some room in the cupboard for them too.

In the evening F came back to the house and announced that he wanted to go to the onsen. Well, of course he did.  That’s all he wants to do these days.  Whatever.

I suggested that we have dinner at the house tonight.  We had bought some pre-cooked sausages at Costco, we could get hotdog buns and some salads and have a very casual dinner.  That’s basically what we did.  F and I went to the grocery store for some buns and pre-made salads.  We came back to the house and F washed and cut up some cucumber and tomatoes and I grilled the sausages to heat them up.  I’m not sure if it was the best dinner ever, but it was cheapish and at the house, so maybe a win.  We ate and it was fine.  With the heat, no one has much of an appetite these days.

After dinner, we did the dishes and then F and I went off to the onsen.  I sat in the lobby and sent a few emails then crocheted a few of my squares.  I’m getting close to the end. Woot!  

When F was finished we sat for a while and chatted, then left the spa.  On the way back we stopped for ice cream at a drugstore. They didn’t have any really new kinds, and we thought they had already closed, but they hadn’t!  It was rather funny.

We came back to the house where I watched Bates Motel and then Suits and then the first part of Bates Motel.  It was a little confusing, but no matter.  

I put all my squares out on the bed and took a picture of my blanket.  It’s getting there. Just a little bit to go and then I can join the squares…




And that’s about it.  Tomorrow I have to finish packing my suitcase and getting ready for my trip.  I probably will update tomorrow night, but if I don’t, please come back on Monday or Tuesday to see how I got on.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: