August 19, 2018

Sunday - Sunny and warm 

An okay day.

I woke up this morning when F told me that he was going to take his mother to the onsen.  I got up around then and found his phone on the bed.  I saw him outside at the car and yelled to him.  He came back in for the phone, I went downstairs to give it to him so we met halfway! 

I took care of some personal things and then came back upstairs to the room.  I was on my computer when F and K came back.  I was going to ply F with a drink but remembered that the film he was planning to see was on in an hour and we hadn’t eaten yet.  

We drove to a gyudon shop to eat, but they were lined up. It was going to be at least ten minutes before we’d get a seat and we didn’t have time to wait.  I suggested F just drop me at the mall and he go straight to the movie theatre, but he decided to come into the mall and get something to eat.  

He came to the mall and picked up some stuff at the grocery store, gave me some money for my lunch and then was on his way.  I had lunch at the Pizza Hut Express. It was okay today.  I had grilled vegetables and bacon pasta, in a set with a mini pizza and a salad.  

After lunch, I did a little shopping around the mall.  Of course, I visited the hundred yen shop, but I noticed that a store was selling off their parasol collection.  I’ve been thinking about getting one this year since I have so much problem finding a decent sun protection cream. I finally found one that I liked and bought it.  I went to Doutor and had a cold tea with soy milk and a cookie while I was waiting for F.  

When he finished the movie, he came back to the mall.  He had a drink too, we both did as mine was finished.  After that, we did a little shopping for his mother’s dinner and my lunches for the next couple of days.  

We came back to the house, gave his mother her bento and then came upstairs for a bit of a nap.  I didn’t really sleep, but I think F got a few winks. 

Around 7:30 I suggested going out for dinner because otherwise, we wouldn’t have any good choices.  I suggested a few places to F and he liked them all.  We decided to go to Sashimi-ya.  We drove there, but when we arrived, there was a sign on the door saying it was full.  F went in and asked if we could come in.  After a bit of hemming and hawing, they let us in.  We both had the same thing, a tuna donburi with some sliced tuna and some chopped tuna.  It was really good.

After dinner, we visited the nearby drugstore to pick up some water for me for the next few days.  I need to have something to drink in class as my throat gets dry.  

We came back to the house and relaxed for a while. I did a bit of crochet, joining squares on my blanket.  The picture I’ll put in is the blanket before I did any work on it tonight. I did well for a while, but the bad light in the bedroom stopped me.  I made a knot somewhere and couldn’t get it undone.  I need daylight!



F took a surprise shower, even though I had said I was going to take one.  He just went off and did it, and didn’t even remember that I was going to take one too.  I went after him. It wasn’t a big deal, just annoying as I had wanted to be done in time for my 11:00pm show.  

When I came back up, F was sneakily watching something but I demanded the TV back!  I watched my show and by then I felt sufficiently sorry that I had taken the TV away from him, so told him he could watch what he wanted. It was wrestling from the Asian Games. I felt a bit sorry about that. I should have let him watch it.  Sigh.  Still, he seemed happy at the end.


And that’s it.  It was an okay day really.  It was nice to have some time to myself, which around here is a rarity.  Tomorrow I have to teach a couple of classes in the afternoon and F might be late.  Come back later if you like and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: