September 17, 2018

Monday - Cloudy and then rainy

A good day.

F and I slept in quite late this morning. We went to bed really late last night so it made sense.  F finally got up and made breakfast for his mother, I had my cereal and made the bed up here.

F and I had a concert to go to, so we got dressed and went out to get a bento for K’s dinner tonight.  We found her a nice one and F added on a few other things with it.  We delivered it and then drove off.

We hadn’t had lunch yet and F said there was time so I suggested Mos Burgers. However, when we got there, the drive-through was crowded and the rain was full on.  We continued the drive to Sakata and went to McDonald's in the mall.  We each had a burger. F’s was a set, and I just had a burger and iced tea. I shared F’s French Fries though.  

We got to the concert hall in Sakata just after it opened. It was a beautiful building. I was impressed that the seats weren’t too small for me and that the ladies washroom had 20 or 30 stalls for women.  It’s always my beef when I have to use the washroom and there are only 3 available for 100 women to use.  Smart thinking whoever designed it.

The concert was quite good.  I did fall asleep a little during the first piece, but I had been falling asleep in the car just before it.  At intermission, after I used the washroom, F waved me over. He’d bought me some coffee which I wanted but didn’t want, if you know what I mean.  It was good though.

We went back in and enjoyed the rest of the concert. There was a Tsuruoka Baritone who did a couple of songs and was good, and some great music from Ghibli films.

When we left the concert hall, F suggested dinner. He found a place on his phone and we went there. It was a kind of izakaya, but the food was good and it wasn’t too busy.  We had 4 dishes, some eggplant, tofu, chicken wings and some garlic fried rice.  It was nice.

We drove back to Tsuruoka and I asked F if we could go to Yamaya so I could get some tea for myself. He said it was fine, so off we went.  I did get a couple of kinds of tea, and also some pasta sauce.  F got some cup ramen things. 

We came back to the house and watched a movie off the DVR.  I let F pick this time since I picked the last time.  He picked Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and it was fun.  We’d been watching this for 20 minutes when I realized that F had started it in the slow mode.  I wasn’t sure and then I thought it was really funny after I figured it out. 

F fell asleep soon after the movie finished and I watched Project Runway.  It was quite good and I really liked the fashion show. For a change, I agreed with the winning designer!


And that’s about it for the day.  F is off work tomorrow too, and I hope we get up to something fun. Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: