September 22, 2018

Saturday - Cloudy and rainy

An okay day.

I went to bed much too late last night. That was part of the problem. I knew that.  I was terribly tired when F woke me up this morning to say that he was going out with his mother.  

I got up at 9 am and took care of a personal chore, then answered the door when his aunt stopped by with some sweet potatoes for us.  She just stopped by for a moment.  

F and his mother came back around 11 and then I took a short nap.  We got up and F and I left for Sakata.

A couple of weeks ago, F contacted the woman that made our new mugs and my lovely cereal bowl.  We thought we could just mail order replacements, but she asked us to come and see her at a craft fair in Sakata this weekend. We went to see it and had a great time.  We wandered around looking at crafts. There were many things that I would love to buy, but I don’t live the lifestyle that would use them.  There was some gorgeous yarn too, but the cones were 5000 yen and I didn’t have any plan in mind for it, so I just didn’t want to take the chance.  I bought a pair of earrings for a Christmas present and then we went to the woman’s stall. F got himself a new mug and I got a new bowl.  She gave us a freebie of a little milk jug, which was nice.  My old bowl is still usable, but it is cracked so I don’t want to use it in the microwave.

We found a booth selling Malaysian food and we bought some.  We got nasi goreng, a noodle dish, and some chicken skewers.  We got seats inside and had a good meal.  We both liked the nasi goreng better than the noodles. 

We came back towards Sakata but made a few stops for drinks and then some kabocha tarts.  F tried to buy nashi but they had run out for the day. 

F pulled in to a side road to take a picture of the rice fields, so I did too.


We stopped in at a cafe a friend had recommended and had a lovely cup chiffon cake and a drink each. They sold some herb teas too, so I got some lemongrass tea to take back to the house.  



We drove back to Tsuruoka and picked up a bento for F’s mother.  F asked me where I wanted to eat and I said that I didn’t. I was stuffed from lunch and the cake. He said he was still full too.

We ended up taking a long, long nap tonight. I got up around 9 pm and used my computer for a while, F dozed on until 10:30 when I woke him up. He started to undress to go to bed, I suggested that he get redressed so we could go for dinner!

We went to Cocos and had a pretty good meal. I had a new dish, Spicy Carib Chicken which came with spicy rice and chicken and a few vegetables. We added on drink bar too. Yum.  F had a Japanese style dinner of fried oysters and he said he liked it too. 

We came back to the house and I’ve been watching a bit of telly and vegging ever since. I’m going to try and go to bed a little earlier tonight than last night, but I’m not sure if I’ll manage.  


Come back later if you dare and find out what our Sunday is like. Until tomorrow….

No comments: