November 15, 2018

Thursday - Rainy at times, mostly clear

A good day.

F woke me up again this morning. He turned on the light in the room and I’m afraid I wasn’t too nice about it. I think I made a comment to the effect of “You woke me up again?!”  I suppose he doesn’t really have a choice…actually, he does. If he’d just get his stuff together in one place the night before like normal people do, he wouldn’t have to turn on the light. Whatever.  I ran downstairs and then came back up for 5 more minutes of sleep.

I got up, but the room was cold, so I turned on the telly and watched the news from the bottom of the bed. It was warm and cosy that way!

I had a normal morning except the plumbing guys were here to fix the pipes and then F’s sister came by to check on his mother. She rang the doorbell, but K didn’t hear her. Luckily, I did hear the doorbell and opened the door.  

I had a very quiet day for the most part. I set up the slow cooker to make Pulled Pork and then exited the kitchen. I didn’t use a recipe, just a method from Epicurious. It turned out quite well. 

I did a couple of Postcrossing cards again today. I thought that doing two is better than waiting for myself to have a non-busy day and doing a bunch. These ones are off to China and the US. 

F called around 5:30 to say he was on his way, so I went into the kitchen and made the coleslaw. He arrived just as I was going to shred the meat. There was a big lump of fat still on the roast, so I was going to chuck it out. F said he’d eat it. I suggested he use the frypan to fry it first as it didn’t look too appealing. I can’t really believe it, but he cooked the whole thing and then ate it too. I shredded the actual meat and put it back in the slow cooker to blend with the juices. 

I worked quite hard to get the table set and F worked to get in my way. He did help by making rice for K, but when I’d ask him what he’d like, got mad at me.  Sigh.  I got things on the table and set K’s plate in front of her.  F and I had our pulled pork on tortillas, she had hers on rice.  She said a couple of times that she liked it, and ate it all, plus had a little extra so I guess I believe her! F only had a couple of tortillas, I had three. It was good, but I missed not having a lot of barbecue sauce on the meat.  Still, the others liked it a lot, so that was good. I cleared the table.

I was just about to start washing the dishes when F came in. He washed them and then went off somewhere. I washed my slow cooker and boxed it back up again. 

I went upstairs and F came up a bit later. He went straight to bed. I waited a while and went over to see him. We had some cuddles and then talked about going out. It seemed if we wanted wifi our choices were Komeda coffee or the internet cafe. We went to the latter one.

It wasn’t too busy tonight so we were able to get our chairs right away. We spent 3 hours in the chairs. I watched a little telly, a little YouTube and did some crochet of my Christmas project. Yay.

After 3 hours we came back via a convenience store for me to mail my postcards. Before I ran into the store I asked F if he wanted to come in or get something. He said no.  Then, when we were coming up to a store nearer to his house, he asked me if I wanted to go to a convenience store. I just laughed. 

We had a quiet evening in. F took a shower, I watched some telly and then started blogging.  That’s about it for me. 

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I have a feeling that laundry will be involved though! Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….


No comments: