November 17, 2018

Saturday - Rainy then clear

A busy day.

I got up quite early this morning and got dressed. F had gone to the doctor’s office and put in our cards so we could be seen early.  We got dressed and went to the clinic.  After an hour or two of being poked and prodded and such, we were able to leave. No big deal. 

F and I went to the new Starbucks and had regular coffee and a biscuit each. I had a buttermilk biscuit which was lovely, F had a strawberry one which was okay. 

We went back to the house when we finished and relaxed for a while.  F made his lunch and something for his mother, I made myself a couple of quesadillas that were good. 

We left for the clinic where we were getting our flu shots and it went a lot different than I thought. We were in and out in about 20 minutes.  I had taken my knitting and I wasn’t able to do any of it!

We went to the grocery shop for K’s dinner and also because I wanted to buy something there.  After that, we came back to the house. F gave his mother her food and we discussed where to go. Since F didn’t want meat, I suggested a really good fish place. He countered with a couple of others but really mine was the best place to go.  We went early as it gets very busy. On the way to the restaurant, F suggested going for gyudon instead but I squashed that. He said he’d have fish there, but I personally didn’t want gyudon! We had a lovely meal at the fish place. F did that thing he does where he says he’s going to have one dish until the waiter arrives and then he changes his order at the last moment. Argh.  I was going to suggest an add-on for us but he changed his order to something that included the add-on I wanted so we couldn’t do it anymore.

After we finished we went to S-Mall and had some Baskin Robbins. I tried a couple of new to me flavours. Yum.

We came back to the house and had a quiet evening in. F was half in bed and half on his phone so I got to watch a bunch of stuff “live” tonight. Yay me. 

That’s about it for today. Tomorrow we’re meeting up with a friend of mine and her children and after that, I’m not sure what we’ll get up to. Come back later and see what happens. Until tomorrow….


No comments: