November 18, 2018

Sunday - Gorgeous but cool

A good day.

I got up this morning a bit early for me on a Sunday. F had decided not to go to the onsen today as he wasn’t feeling great. I asked him if we should cancel with my friend, but he said not to do that.  

I went back to bed for a short snooze and my friend called to say she’d slept in and would be late. We adjusted our plans and after we rung off, I let F know.  

I got dressed and ready to go.  I grabbed a bag for her with a packet of biscuits from Britain. I know she likes them!

F and I drove to the Oyama Nature Centre, but he kept getting lost along the way. He didn’t wait for the signs to tell him where to go. I asked him if he was really born in Oyama! My friend arrived at the Nature Centre a few minutes later with her children.  We spent the next hour and a bit walking around, looking at birds and chatting. In the Centre’s building, they have quite a few things set up for kids to play with so it was great for the children.  

Around 1 pm we all headed back into Tsuruoka for lunch. We went to McDonald, which was a big treat for the children, but not so much for F or even me if I’m honest. F had the Texas Burger, I had the Idaho Burger…his had barbecue sauce on it, mine had a hash brown patty and they were okay. While we were there we saw F’s nephew and his wife. His wife recognized me but I thought she was one of my ex-students, so didn’t really twig on who she was. Oops.

Sadly it became time to split up our little party. We had had a lovely time, but have vowed to try and get together again soon. 

F and I came back to his house and went to bed again.  I slept for an hour, used the washroom and then went back to sleep for two hours!  When I woke up again it was after 6 pm. I can’t believe that I slept that much. F came into the room just after I woke up and said that he’d been to the grocery store and bought things for his mother’s dinner.

We talked about our own dinner and didn’t really know what to do. We sort of decided on bentos from the store, but then F suggested going to Cocos Ichibanya so did that instead. Good idea.  I had the Spice Chicken Curry again, but with veggies this time, F had the curry udon with rice. Our dishes were both good.

We did a little grocery shopping afterwards and then came back to the house. I noticed that Three Billboards was on WOWOW, so put that on. It is such a good movie. Not safe for families, but worth watching. 

And that’s about it for my day. It was lovely to see my friend and her children, it was lovely to be out and about in the great outdoors and it was even better not to have a fight with my husband!


Come back later if you like and see how Monday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: