November 19, 2018

Monday - Rainy and cold

A quiet day.

I woke up just before my alarm this morning. The wind was wuthering around the house and it sounded horrible outside. I felt sorry for F having to go to work in it.  I watched the news from under the covers so that I didn’t have to turn on the heater quite yet. Around 9 I got up and turned on the heater and watched my morning drama.

I had a quiet morning and early afternoon. I barely saw K at all, didn’t even say hi to her until 4 pm. I worked on my ornament for my Christmas swap. I even finished it, but I’m not sure about it.  It’s cute, but I’m not sure that it is Christmassy at all.  

When F came back to the house I suggested getting in bentos for dinner. We ordered and then F and I went off to pick them up. We did a quick grocery shop and then picked up the bento and came back to the house. We ate and everyone enjoyed themselves. After I finished, I started gathering the dishes and cleared the table. I put my dishes on the table in the kitchen and went back for more. K brought her dishes through and then washed them in the sink. She washed them in cold water with no detergent in the old cold water in the basin.  I tried to get her to stop, but she wouldn’t.  As soon as she left the kitchen, I grabbed her dishes again and put them to be washed again. If they had just been dishes that only she used, I wouldn’t have cared so much, but they were things like glasses that all of us use.  

F came into the kitchen and he washed the dishes, I dried them.  We went upstairs afterwards. I watched a bit of TV and worked on another ornament in more Christmassy colours. F asked if I wanted to go out. I told him that I could, but I didn’t have to.  He asked a couple more times so I thought that he would like to go out.  I finally accepted.

We went over to Komeda Coffee and had coffee (decaf) and I had an order of chicken nuggets.  It was really good. I was still a bit hungry after dinner, and the chicken filled me up. I did give F a piece too, so I didn’t eat it all.  

We came back to the house and took showers. F went to bed and I stayed up and watched Idol. 

That’s about it for today. It was an okay day and hopefully, I get to do it all again tomorrow! Come back and see what goes on…until tomorrow….


No comments: