November 20, 2018

Tuesday - Rainy with hail

A horrible day.

I got up this morning just after F left. He was going out the door as I came downstairs. 

I had a quiet day at the house today. I did a load of laundry and hung it up in the room. I worked on my Christmas ornament in the afternoon and got it looking really good. I finished it off in the evening, but I’m getting ahead of the game. We also had a loud hailstorm in the middle of the day. I was rather surprised about that. 

Looking down on the hailstones...
F came back from work and we decided to cook at the house. Of course, we had to go out and get the food first. He talked about getting two kinds of fish and I said that was too much and since we were going to have other side dishes we didn’t need it. I thought he agreed.  

We go to the store, I get stuff for my lunch and he picks up two kinds of fish. Sigh. One to cook, one to sashimi. 

We get back to the house and he goes into “Chef” mode. He starts cooking the fish, plating the sashimi, basically using every plate that he possibly could in the kitchen. I worked on moving dishes to the table and cooking an onion cake that I had wanted to serve with dinner.  Finally, it was all done, but I was not happy.  There was too much food for me. I was barely hungry and there was rice, miso soup, grilled fish, sashimi and onion cake.  I skipped the sashimi and the rice, F was angry with me. I gave them to him to eat so they weren’t wasted. 

Of course, since I was in disgrace I was allowed to do the dishes alone…well nearly. K kept coming into the room and getting in my way.  I think she wanted to say something to me, but not sure what that would be. 

F and I had planned to go to the onsen after dinner. He went without me. He asked me if I was going to come with him and I asked him if he wanted me to. He said a resounding “No!” so I stayed put and he stormed off. 

While he was away I worked on my Christmas decoration and got it finished, almost! I’m still working on the hanging string. I really like it. The first one I did was very pastel, this one is very Christmassy. 

When F came back he ignored me completely, even though I talked to him. His mother and he seemed to have words downstairs, but I don’t know what about. 

I tried to have a conversation with F a few minutes ago but he wasn’t very nice to me. Sigh. I asked him how long this was going to last and he said he didn’t know. I got the usual crap about how I stay in bed too late and stay up too late. Well, what else is there to do for me?  Besides, I get up around 8 am these days, how or why is that late? On weekends I like to sleep in, and why not? It’s not like we ever have any plans. 

Anyway, I hope this will blow over soon. It’s F’s birthday on the weekend and I’m not sure if that makes him extra cranky or if it is the change in the weather. 


Come back later if you dare and see how things go on Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: