December 12, 2018

Wednesday - Rainy and cold

A good day.

I had a great time in Sendai, didn’t want to come back!  ETJ was great, meeting up with other members of my group was also great and so was shopping, eating and staying in hotels.  I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody again, but in IMAX and that was cool.  I got a movie card in one of my hotels and enjoyed that too.  I bought an obscene amount of tea, but then again, I drink an obscene amount of tea, so no problem. 

On Saturday, the day I left, we woke up to a world of white. The snow was deep and everywhere.  My bus was a bit late because of it, but it was understandable. I was lucky because I got to leave it behind, for the most part, poor F had to shovel a lot of snow.

Today, I got up and turned on the heater.  I did my usual morning things of watching the news and NCIS.  I spent some time on my computer after breakfast and then went outside and shovelled some snow. I knew that F had to shovel snow at work, and didn’t think he should have to do it at his house as well.  It took a while, but I got most of the parking space cleared out. The snow kept falling off the roof with huge crashes, I was glad I wasn’t under it. 

F took off half a day of work to take his mother to the doctor. She got all dressed up to go, and off they went. They came back soon after as her doctor isn’t open on Wednesday afternoon. Sigh. F did go to his doctor though, so that was good.

In the later part of the day, F and I ran a few errands. We went to the electric shop for a light bulb, then had dinner at Aki, the okonomiyaki place. We had a lovely dinner and tonight the restaurant was busy. The Master was quite surprised about it. We were seated at the cooking station, so got to see all the magic happen. We were sitting in stools so hung up our coats by the door.  When we left, I put on my coat while F paid.  
We were all the way to the Internet Cafe when F realized that he’d left his coat in the restaurant. Back we went.  Of course, it was there, and he was glad to see it.

We went back to the Internet Cafe and got massaging chairs. We were at opposite ends of the section.  I watched some regular TV and also worked on more Christmas Baubles.  For the last hour, I watched a bit of YouTube.  I let F know when there were about 10 minutes left, but he still wasn’t quite ready when our time was up.

We came back to the house and spent some quiet time in our room.  I was on my computer, F was on his phone on the bed.  

Tomorrow I have to send off my long-delayed Christmas Cards, and hopefully see about ordering some presents for my sister’s family. Christmas is going to be very late this year I fear.


That’s about it for today. Come back later if you are up to it and see how Thursday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: