January 11, 2019

Friday - Clear and cool

I woke up around 6 or something and when I came back from downstairs got a lovely snuggle from my hubby. I fell fast asleep again, and when I woke up, he was gone.  

I did have a hard time getting myself motivated to get up this morning. It took a while. I got up, watched the news then NCIS and went downstairs to grab breakfast. I didn’t see K at all for most of the day.

Last night before I blogged I had written two postcards, this afternoon I wrote a couple more. After lunch, I scanned them, and the other ones that I had received and posted the scans to the Postcrossing website. 

During the day I watched a couple of shows off the  DVR. I’m nearly caught up for some of my shows. I’m a tad worried as this weekend I have a few things that I want to record. 

When F came back to the house tonight I offered to make dinner. The two avocados I had in the room upstairs were soft and I could do some Brussel sprouts quickly and thought I should be able to make a salmon salad too.  Surprisingly, I managed! F helped by taking things to the table when I was ready, and he re-heated the leftover nabe from last night. We actually had a good feast. We had guacamole and tortilla chips, salmon salad and crackers and Brussel sprouts with some leftover chicken nabe.  We all seemed to enjoy the meal. I was actually a bit surprised that it came together so easily. I wasn’t really planning to cook today but thought that I needed to use up the sprouts and the avocados.  Yay me. 
Dinner. It was quite tasty and everyone seemed to enjoy it!

F helped me by washing the dishes tonight, I dried and put them away. I also put stuff in the fridge for tomorrow or whenever. 

We went to the onsen tonight. F asked that we go and I didn’t mind. When he was in the bath I checked the internet on my phone and then listened to a bit of a podcast while I knitted a few rows of my scarf. 

F wanted to use some wifi too, but the onsen was closing almost as soon as he was done. We decided to go for coffee and did that. We spent about 40 minutes at Komeda coffee. It was nice if a bit quiet.

We came back to the house and I watched a bit of Nigella, then the final episode of ER which was on tonight. F went to bed a little while ago as he’s getting up early tomorrow to see his doctor for his back. 

I’m not completely sure what we’ll get up to on Saturday, but there’s a concert at the Kamo Aquarium, so we are thinking about going. It’s free for us as Passport members, so might as well! 

Come back later and read all the excitement of our Saturday…if you dare! Until tomorrow….

No comments: