January 22, 2019

Tuesday - Cold with a bit of snow

I got up this morning fairly early and turned on the TV to watch the news. I watched the English news and snoozed through the rest! I also watched NCIS and enjoyed that too. 

Breakfast was fine. I did some laundry along the way this morning, a couple of loads. It was needed! K seemed to be up for most of the morning today, good for her!

I caught up on some of my DVR telly and saw F in the late afternoon too. He had a break in his schedule. I was planning to go out and shovel the snow and ended up doing that. He was still parked in the space for a while. I was a tad miffed since he’d compacted the snow with his vehicle, but I did get most of it moved.

After shovelling the snow, I went back inside and upstairs. I relaxed for a few minutes then went down to the kitchen and started making dinner. Today I was doing Bangers and Mash again, so I had to peel a lot of potatoes! It was so cold in the kitchen that I filled up our dishwashing basin with hot water just to put a little heat in the room. Of course, I didn’t waste it, it was used to wash dishes with!

F came home near the end of my cooking and did a few things to help me. He took the salad dishes to the table and the glasses, but at that point in time I had about three things going and was juggling. Still, things got done and were pretty darn good according to the other people eating! All of the mashed potatoes and gravy went, and all but one of the sausages. That’s for K if she wants it tomorrow. 

I cleared the table and was just going to start washing dishes when F came in and took over. He washed, I dried and we got done fairly quickly. 

F wanted to go to the onsen tonight and I wanted to get out of the house, so we went after a while. F went to take his bath, and I found a good seat in the lobby and played with my phone for a while. After a bit, I decided to put on a podcast and do some knitting.  I had brought an old project that I started years ago with me tonight, so I did just over a round of it. That’s quite a lot, so I was glad. I’m sure it’s been a year almost since I last looked at it. I finished a hat out of the same yarn last year, this year I might be able to finish the cowl if I work at it. Should this be a year of finishing projects?  Heaven knows I have quite a few to do!

When F finished his bath we met in the lobby. He had a drink and I got another one, and then we came back to the house. We had a fairly quiet evening. I took a shower and then came upstairs to watch Ghost Whisperer which they are running again. 

That’s about it for tonight. Tomorrow I’m really not sure what I’m going to get up to. There’s a rumour that F might take off part of the day if he can. He’s been having some health problems lately and if he uses the time to see a doctor I’m fine with it.

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: