January 9, 2019

Wednesday - Cool with a little snow

I woke up early this morning then went back to bed for a bit. Of course, I overslept and had a hard time dragging myself out of bed, so I didn’t. I watched the news from the bed, just the English ones, and when they were over, I got up and watched NCIS and got dressed.

I had breakfast and didn’t do any laundry today. I did a load yesterday, decided to skip it today! 

I didn’t see K at all for most of the day. I spent most of my time upstairs. I wrote a few blog entries for my Postcrossing blog and also had a mammoth chat with a friend. I got a notice that my sister’s family’s Christmas presents had arrived. Yay. Japan Post is so fast! And, I took a nap in the morning. After my breakfast I could barely keep my eyes open, so I decided to have a quick nap. I put a timer on for 20 minutes. I woke up after 20 minutes and reset the timer. I did get up after that though and stayed up the rest of the day.

Around 4 I went out and shovelled a bit of snow. There wasn’t a whole lot today, but I find if I don’t keep it up, it freezes so hard that I can’t move it. It didn’t take long, so I decided to walk to the vending machines opposite the park and get something to drink.  Because I’m a nice person, I got two hot bottles of similar drink and brought them back. I offered one to K and she accepted it.  She got to choose which one of the drinks to have, so I didn’t make her pick it! 

F didn’t finish work until 6:30 or so. He came back to the house and we talked about going out for dinner. I suggested Youme Shokudo, the place near the Post Office, and we thought we’d go there. However, we drove there and it was closed. Oh no! My second idea was closed too, the Chinese restaurant near where we used to live. Instead, we took K to Jiro. She hadn’t been there before and I think she liked the food. I was a bit worried about F though, as most of their food is heavy on meat. He managed to have something that was okay for him, K had a hamburg and pilaf, and I had my pork sauté with garlic oil. It was good but salty. 

After dinner, we brought K back to the house, but F and I went out again. We had frappuccinos and relaxed for a while. It got really cold in the Starbucks though, quite unpleasant. Maybe it’s their stress-free way of kicking customers out?

We bought a few groceries afterwards. I told F I had thought about making soup today, he asked about making a nabe tomorrow. He said that he would. We picked up some ingredients and he’ll make us a nabe tomorrow night.

We came back to the house and both of us had showers, F went to bed. I’m going to try and go soonish. I’m not sure what I’m going to do tomorrow, but I’m hoping that I’ll do some Postcrossing or some crafting. I have to do something with this yarn I bought!


Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: