February 12, 2019

Tuesday - Cold and mostly clear

I woke up early this morning to see if F wanted to do anything. He didn’t talk to me, so I waited half an hour and then went back to sleep. When I got up just before 11 he wasn’t in the room anymore. I went downstairs and he offered me some of the food he was making for him and his mother. No thanks, just wanting my cereal.

I waited a while, then got my cereal. While I was eating it, he asked if there were any movies in town, so I checked. There was one at Mikawa but it started in 35 minutes. He wanted to go. I finished breakfast, washed my dish and changed as fast as possible. We got in the car and got down the road and F asked me again when it started. He decided we wouldn’t make it (which is what I had been telling him) and so we did something else. 

I suggested going to the Chido Museum since we hadn’t been in a while. We went and toured the exhibition hall. It wasn’t that interesting as the room was dedicated to boundary lawsuits, but there were a couple of cool things. I liked the old maps of this area, and there was also an old relief map of the local volcano. Apparently, it has changed greatly in the last two hundred years as it erupted!


Chido Museum Garden

Different Garden Shot!

After the museum, F suggested lunch. He seemed okay with spending a bit of money so I suggested the Daiichi Hotel for lunch. We went and had a lovely meal. I had fish and F had pork, how’s that for a turn in the books?  We both liked our meals a lot. During the meal, F asked when the next show of our movie was and I checked. It was at 3:20, or about 40 minutes from that time.  F wanted to go.

We made it to Mikawa with a few minutes to spare. We got our tickets and then went to see First Man. It was…okay. Ryan Gosling was his usual great, but the character didn’t really have a cinema presence. He was so unemotional and flat that it got a bit boring. I was fighting to stay awake at the end.

After the movie, F and I talked about what to do. I suggested going to look at yarn (because Yarn!) and then going downstairs to pick up something for dinner.  Some guy got too close to me in walking by and as usual, F got mad at me for blocking his way or something. I was angry and hurt.  I was just standing there…the guy could and did go around me. 

I zoomed over to the craft department, I looked but didn’t buy anything. I went downstairs with F trailing me and told him to look at food. I got a salad for my lunch either tomorrow or Friday and nothing else since I still had food at the house. F got stuff for his mother and himself and picked up a few other things. I used my bag for the groceries and let F carry them. Then, since F had no ideas about what to do next, I headed for the car. Since I am always being told that I’m too slow, I moved very fast. I got to the exit and F was not behind me. I went back to the corner and looked back. F was halfway down the mall. I sat down to wait. 

We went out to the car, F started it and then told me to wait there and disappeared for over 15 minutes. Apparently, he had to use the washroom but didn’t bother telling me. I didn’t speak to him on the way back as I had nothing nice to say.

At the house, he disappeared into the kitchen and I went to the washroom and then upstairs. I started the heater and sat there for a bit. I went downstairs and got my dinner (ex-lunch) out, heated it up and took it back upstairs to eat. 

I was still upset with him. I wasn’t invited to join them in the living room and that was the second meal of the day that I had to eat upstairs alone. I’m not really feeling like a family member at the moment. Well, ever, if I’m really honest. 

He came up after a while and asked if I wanted to go to the onsen with him. I didn’t want to take a bath, but I did want to get out of this house, so said I would. Things were very slightly better on the way there. 

At the onsen he went to the bath, I went to the chairs. I did a bit of crochet but found a mistake from the other day, so had to frog a bit to fix it. He finished just as I was doing that. 

We came back to Tsuruoka and the house. A little while later, F went to bed and I took a shower.  That’s about it. So, some parts of the day were nice, but most of it was crap. I am looking forward to F going back to work. I need some alone time again. 

So, today I’ve been a bit whiny. I did wonder if I was coming down with the flu too, but my temperature appeared normal.  I’ll monitor it and see what happens.

Come back later if you feel up to the task and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: