February 22, 2019

Friday - Warm and a bit cloudy

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning but finally managed. When I was looking at my computer a friend of mine asked if I was up for a video chat and I was!  I had a quick breakfast and then got my computer moved over to have a good chat. 

After we finished I had a bit of time on the TV and then watched some of the DVR stuff. That was good really. I watched the second part of Counterpart. I like J.K. Simmons, just not sure where this show is going. 

Lunch was a little different tonight. Instead of my usual open-faced sandwiches, I had a meat pie from New Zealand. The Aeon grocery store was selling them and the one I had was really good. I have one left. Woot. 

I put up another list of things to do in this area for the ladies that are coming to Tsuruoka in April. I’ve been putting in quite a bit of work on all of this, I hope things go well.

F didn’t call tonight when he finished work, he just showed up. He was tired.  I hadn’t really planned a “meal” but I made dinner anyway. Tonight we had tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole dip, tuna salad which I made, and a hot vegetable and pasta salad from the freezer.  Things worked out rather well and everyone enjoyed dinner.  I had to portion out the dip and the salsa though. One of our family members double dips and the rest of us don’t like that! I did get a shock though. When I went to open the salsa which we bought last night, there was tomato sauce on the outside of the jar. I was really worried that I’d bought one that someone had opened in the store and not noticed. The plastic wrap around the edge of the lid was still there, but it had a bit of gunk on it too.  I asked F to ask his mother if she’d opened the jar today, and she had. WTH?  Why on earth would she do that? The only reason she probably didn’t get into the guacamole dip was the jar lid was so tight I had to get F to open it! Since I had bought the salsa last night, I didn’t worry about using it, but if the jar had been left out for more than a day I would have had to chuck it. 

After dinner, I ended up doing all the dishes except the bowl that still held a few chips. I left that on the table for K and F to finish. So, when I say that I did the dishes, I washed, dried and then put them all away. F is really letting the side down these days. He doesn’t do any of the work. He did offer to help prepare, but I’ve noticed that when he’s around I expect him to pitch in, but he has no idea what to do and just gets in the way. Afterwards would be helpful though. 

I came upstairs to have a moment of rest and discovered that the kerosene tank in the heater was empty. I filled it up. I was just going to have some tea or decaf when F asked if I wanted to go out. I didn’t mind so we talked about where to go. He wanted to go to the onsen, so off we went. 

F took a bath, and I found a seat and bought myself a couple of snacks and a drink.  I sat in a chair and did a bit of knitting tonight and listened to a podcast. I rather enjoyed myself.

When F finished, we left the onsen and went to Starbucks for some Hoji-cha. It was nice and relaxing there, but we had to leave at 11 pm.  We came back to the house. I watched a little bit of TV and F went to bed fairly soon. 

And that’s it. Tomorrow we have doctor appointments in the morning and may go to a concert at the Aquarium tomorrow night. It really depends on what our day is like. There’s a movie in the mall as well (Alita) so I’m not sure if we’ll go tomorrow or wait for Sunday or another day.  


Come back later if you like and see how Saturday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: