March 15, 2019

Beware the Ides of March!  Friday - Sunny and warm

I got up early this morning and checked the heater. It was nearly out of kerosene, just running on fumes really. I turned it on and hoped for the best. There was enough to heat the room for an hour so that was good. I watched the news, then went downstairs to do a few things. I cut some bread for K to have, I filled up the heater’s kerosene tank and put the now empty plastic tank in the genkan to go out to the garage and I got my breakfast ready. I went upstairs to get dressed and watch ER. It was a good one today. These ones are all about Abby and Luka, Neela and Michael.  

I did a bit of posting on my mini-convention. I posted info about restaurants and asked people to say if they’d come with us or not. I have to make reservations soon and I need numbers. 

My friend came to pick me up around 11:30 and we went off to Pisolino. We spent a couple of hours there and had a decent if not terrific meal. I had pasta and it was okay, but not great.

After lunch, she had to run a couple of errands so I came along for the ride. We went to a hundred yen shop in Voice and I only bought a couple of things.  She had to pick something up at the men’s clothing store there and after that, we decided to have a quick Starbucks since we’ve not been to the one in Tsuruoka together!  All too soon she had to go back to her city to take care of her family and we hugged goodbye.  

I did a little window shopping in a drugstore, then walked towards the mall. I decided to detour to my hairdresser to see if I could make an appointment for next week. She looked tired and busy when I arrived, so didn’t ask for a cut today.

I walked to S-Mall and spent a little time in the hundred yen shop there, plus a quick visit to the music/DVD shop. I found a DVD that F might like on for not too much so maybe one day if he’s good he’ll get it. Ha! I went down to Doutor and had an ice tea. I was just going to start sipping it when F called to say he was finished work. 

He joined me in the mall and I bought him a coffee with my card…and a couple of cookies for us! We used the wifi there a little, chatted a little, and caught up with the world and the terrible shooting in Christchurch. I hadn’t known anything about it as it hadn’t made the international news that I watch yet. (It’s behind us by at least a day I’d say.)

F wanted to go to the hundred yen shop, so we went upstairs. He got a few things and then I picked up one more thing. We drove back to the house then.  

We took K out for dinner to the Kushibiki restaurant that we like. We didn’t share parts of our meal this time. K had chahan, I had the egg/black fungus/meat stir-fry done as a set meal, and F had his favourite yakisoba. The food was good and we enjoyed it. 

We came back to the house and dropped K off. F wanted to go to a drugstore, so off we went. At the first one, I didn’t find what he needed, so we tried another and got it. I picked up a few things as did F. We came back to the house after that.

Back at the house, I watched some TV and relaxed, as did F.  He’s off sleeping now and I need to get some sleep soon too.


No idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow although I hope to go and see Captain Marvel. That would be really fun. Come back later if you dare and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: