March 17, 2019

Sunday - Muggy and a bit rainy

I woke up fairly early today because F was getting up to go to the onsen with his mother. I got up too and then after they left I took care of a couple of personal things. I had a whole whack of messages on my phone to deal with too, so I did. After that, I went back to bed for a bit and fell asleep again.

I woke up after 1pm because of the noise that F and K made when they came in. F came upstairs and I found out that he’d had a small lunch with K, but would go out for lunch with me. I came up with a couple of possible places and then we decided on the Grand El Sun. We got there and noticed that their lunch service finished at 2 pm…which was 5 minutes earlier. However, one of the waitresses told us it was okay as they’d seen us coming! I had their pasta special lunch which was great. It was pasta in a spinach and ham garlicky sauce. It was great. It came with a lovely salad, bread and a few appetizers, a small dessert and a drink. F had a vegetable curry which he really enjoyed. 

When we finished lunch we popped over to S-Mall to see if we could see the menu for the restaurant in the hotel. I wanted to be able to post the evening dishes for my mini-con. It wasn’t posted yet, so we went through to the hotel, but still no joy. F ended up holding the sign that they hadn’t flipped over yet so that I could get a good look at it!

We picked up some kerosene for the house next and then a few groceries. We delivered them to the house and then spent some time upstairs. F was thinking about getting his hair cut, but seemed too attached to the videos on his phone. I went downstairs to wait for him and it took a while. He’d said two minutes, but it was much longer.

He dropped me off at S-Mall and then went off to get his hair cut. I went upstairs and checked out the hundred yen shop. I got a few things for a new hobby I’m thinking of taking up (I know, another one, right?!) I looked in another shop, then went downstairs and as I was on the escalator, I saw F walk by. Just then my phone rang…

We decided to go and have dinner but weren’t sure where. I ended up suggesting Jiro, the place near my first apartment and F liked that idea. I was worried as they serve a lot of meat, but he said it was okay for him. He had our usual pork with garlic onions and I had beef stew with buttered rice. Mine was good.  

We came back to the house after dinner and I did a little work in the kitchen. I’m thinking about making soup in my slow cooker for tomorrow, so I peeled a couple of potatoes and a carrot or two. I left them in the fridge overnight. Then, I prepared the garbage for going out tomorrow. It’s not a hard job, just not a fun one. 

That done, I came upstairs again and F and I watched an episode of Castle Rock. I watched and did a few rows of knitting. I took a shower after that. 

When I came back, I finally persuaded F to move a couple of movies to DVD for us. Unfortunately, however he did them, he put them on two separate dvds instead of one like I had asked him to. I think he doesn’t know what he’s doing. I think he needs to make a list and then record the list, like on iTunes but he’s never done that and has no idea what I’m talking about. He is probably right, but it doesn’t make sense to me!

And that’s about it for me. I’m tired and I’d like to go to bed soon, so I’ll end this. I should be back tomorrow for another oh so interesting update! Until tomorrow….

No comments: