March 20, 2019

Wednesday - Warm and Sunny

I had a short morning at the house today. I got up and watched the news and then ER. I went down for breakfast which was two pieces of toast today. We didn’t go out last night to get yogurt for me so I couldn’t have cereal. 

I watched The Mentalist at 10:30 and while it was on I started to get ready for my outing. I got properly dressed and around 11:45 I left the house. I didn’t see K at all this morning.

I caught the bus to the station and then looked through Foodever. My favourite place was closed today, so I skipped eating there. I walked up to the post office and did a little business there. After that, I went to the mall and put my backpack and winter coat in a locker. It was so warm today, I really didn’t need a warm coat.

I had a yummy lunch at Pizza Hut Express. After that, I did a little walkthrough of the mall. I bought some water at 2:45 and then headed over to my hairstylist. 

We got started fairly quickly and she did her usual terrific job. I chose a style that is really short this time, so I keep searching the back of my neck for my hair! I like it so am pleased.

When my hair was looking the way my stylist wanted I was done. I walked back to the mall and did a little window shopping. I hacked through the hundred yen shop and bought a few things. I checked out the DVD shop but didn’t buy anything although I am sorely tempted by The Grand Budapest Hotel’s DVD.  I love that film. 

I had a nice ice cream at Baskin Robbins before having an iced tea at Doutor. F called me while I was reading and I invited him to join me. He did.

We got K some food and then went to Foodever for ourselves. We both went to the Donburi place and I had chicken and mushroom tempura on rice. F  had kaki-age on rice. After dinner, we talked to the cooks at both open restaurants to see about vegetarian food. A friend is coming in a few weeks and is a vegetarian. We’re wondering where she can eat. One place was okay with doing substitutions, the other is going to play around with them to see if it’ll work.

We picked up some kerosene and then went back to the house to give K her food. F and I went upstairs and wondered about the rest of the evening. I had a little think and said that if we left immediately we could go to the cinema and see I Feel Pretty again since we both wanted to see it.  F agreed and soon we sped off.  There were 3 people in the cinema tonight, but F and I enjoyed ourselves a lot. I liked it just about as much. There were a few scenes where I laughed out loud and a few where I winced a lot.  It was fun.

On the way back to the house, F suggested going to a Korean Restaurant/Izakaya. I was fine with it but did say that I thought it was a bit late. It was. They were closing soon. We looked at another couple of places and even though tomorrow is a holiday, they were all closing before 11 pm.  Insanely early. 

We picked up some munchies at the convenience store and came back to the house. We ate our food and then F fell asleep on the bed. I watched a little telly and then started doing things on computers that needed doing.


I’m virtually asleep at my computer now, so I’m going to end this now.  Come back later if you want and see if I blogged about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: