March 26, 2019

Tuesday - Windy, rainy, with thunder, lightning and hail in the afternoon.

I had a quiet morning today. K had vanished so I just carried on as usual. I was so sleepy during one of my morning dramas that I actually went for a nap during it. I got up a bit later feeling much refreshed.

Today, I actually did do some Postcrossing!  I wrote up three cards. I’m trying hard to write ten this month as I haven’t been working very hard at it lately. I seem to have so much else I need to do. Two more to go. 

Lunch was fine, and quiet too. F called around 5:30 tonight I think and I told him that I wasn’t cooking tonight, so would he like to get bentos?  He came here, changed and we went to the grocery store. I bought a few things for tomorrow’s meal and also got some bentos for the three of us. We brought them back to the house and ate. It was nice.

F and I did the dishes quickly and then went out to the onsen. He lost his tickets and his point card and was all worried about it, but I told him to just get one ticket for tonight, that his stash was probably back at the house. Of course, I was right!

I didn’t knit tonight at the onsen, but I did read a few pages of my novel, so that made me happy. I really almost need to schedule my reading these days. I don’t do enough. 

On the way to the onsen there was the body of a tanuki in the road. When we passed it on the way back, F started to tell me about the stories of tanukis and how they were supposed to be able to turn into humans. I told him about the selkies in Scottish mythology and how they would shed their seal skins and become human. It was actually a really interesting conversation, one that we haven’t had before!

We had a quiet evening back at the house. I didn’t take a shower as F did laundry and I didn’t want the water to cut out on me when I was soaking wet! I watched a bit of telly, F watched sports on his phone and then made himself some noodles.

Today is the 22nd anniversary of the day I left Canada to come to Japan.  I can’t believe that I have lived here for so long. I’m not even sure that I have lived in Canada for 22 years!


That’s about it for me. It was a quiet day, except for the hail and thunder mentioned in the weather report above. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, but that makes life exciting doesn’t it? Come back a bit later to find out what is new and exciting on Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: