December 25, 2009 - Friday - Merry Christmas!

Sunny but cool.

I got up a little late this morning, but was still able to watch the news and have a relaxing morning. After I got dressed, I watched some of the TV I taped last night and enjoyed myself. My day went on like this until after 4:00pm. I went out a little after 4 and went to the post office to get more nengajo. I'll probably need extra.

After I came home, I set the table. For our dinner tonight I wanted to make it a little special, so I cleared off our coffee table, raised it up, and set it. Then I peeled the potatoes I was going to cook for dinner and left them in water. I wasn't sure what was up with F. He was supposed to pick up the chicken. Finally, he called me a bit after 6 to tell me that he had picked it up and was on his way.

When he came home, I made him change and then we decided what to do. We needed some milk, some salad and a few other things. We also needed to visit my school to turn on the heater's timer, plus mail our nengajo. It took us so long to get out of our apartment that in the end I just sent F to do it all. I realized that if I didn't get things started we wouldn't eat before 10 pm! So, he left and I got ready to cook. I mixed things up, I just didn't cook them until he got back again.

Of course, he didn't buy the right things--chocolate ice cream to have with Christmas pudding? Ewww. But, his heart was in the right place and he did get some pumpkin salad. Yum.

With a bit of work on both our our parts, we got everything together. We had roast chicken (bought from the butcher), mashed potatoes, gravy, Yorkshire pudding, fabulous mushrooms from a can, salad and pumpkin salad. Everything was good, except my timing was off, so things were a bit cold, BUT everything was delicious. F even had seconds and he never does that!

We washed the dishes and put the food away, then we opened presents. I was really lucky and got many things that I really wanted. My sister and my best friend sent pajamas, which is something I can always use, a new handbag from my husband, I got tea, a couple of necklaces, a t-shirt and lots of little things too. It was great! F got quite a lot too. He's always surprised that my family gets him things. He got a fleece jacket and pair of fleece pants from my family, I gave him practical things like underwear, socks and shirts. I also gave him a bag of snack food and a 3-D puzzle.

We watched Tropic Thunder, I liked parts of it, but thought that overall it wasn't that great. It wasn't really a typical Christmas movie. During the movie I prepared the Christmas Pudding and then served it. I tried to flambe it, but it didn't work very well! We had our pudding with cream, rather than chocolate ice cream. A much better choice if you ask me!

That's basically my day. It was really good. I got lots of presents and had a good meal. Yum.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a great day!

No comments: