June 10, 2012


Sunday - Cloudy and humid, hot

I managed to get up a bit earlier than usual for a Sunday today. F was up of course. He’d been good and had gone out and done some yard work around the apartment building. 

After a quick computer check, we drove over to the Kokusai Mura to go to the International Centre. We parked and went in.  There were quite a lot of different culture’s foods represented, so we scanned what was available. I bumped into one of my ex-students who was there with her “son” from a culture exchange.  She told me how surprised she was when she found out she wasn’t getting a girl!  She found out when she picked him up yesterday.  

We were given a sample of some Jerk Chicken, so I wanted more.  F had some Okinawa noodles (despite my objections) and we shared some beef skewers.  I had some Jamaican food, a pasty and jerk chicken and some kind of bread/scone thing.  I shared the last two things with F.  I also had some lentil curry that was good.  I was starting to feel the effects of the sun, even though it was cloudy, so I suggested going inside for a bit.  We watched a bit of a drum exhibition which was great until it turned into a “Kawaii Kids” thing.  

We came home for a while and I took a nap.  We stayed home for quite a while.  F was doing some apartment stuff and didn’t want to be interrupted. 

We had dinner at Gusto tonight where F proceeded to have noodles again!  I guess I should be honest and say that I had chicken again.  I am a creature of habit.

We came home via the grocery store.  I think we’ll be doing a stirfry tomorrow night.

This evening was quite quiet.  I wrote a couple of postcards, nothing too exciting.  We watched a Cool Japan episode about Sushi. I asked F to put aloe lotion on my back as I did end up with quite a sunburn.  Sigh. 

Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’ll get up to.  Hopefully it’ll be fun.  I’ll bid you adieu now.  Night!

No comments: