Postcrossing - Incoming

To June 4th (Part 1)

After a couple of days of no mail at all, I received 2 postcards on Saturday and then today I received 5.  I am a tad overwhelmed and don't want to list all of the postcards in one entry.  I'll split this entry for length.
 On with the cards!



Poz nan
Joanna from Poland send me this card.  She is studying at the Engineering University.  She writes that her favourite place is the Hall Town.  She says there are shops, restaurants, coffee houses and fountains. In her free time she likes to read books and learn the English language.

Alan from Scotland sent this card of a stone circle.  He visited this place a couple of years ago.  He writes that he loves films as well, his favourites being Vertigo and Alien.  He mentions that he has also watched a few foreign and Japanese films including Departures.  

In my thank you note to him, I mentioned that Departures was filmed nearby.  
Calanais Standing Stones, Lewis, Western Isles

Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy in "Way out West", 1937
Claudia sent this card from Austria.  She lives in Vienna.  She writes that it is a city full of classical music, cafes, events and sights.  She says the most popular  is St. Stephen's Cathedral in the historical centre.  She sends her best wishes.  

I've seen the odd bit of Laurel and Hardy movies, but I don't know if I've ever seen a whole movie. 


Irena in Russia sent this beautiful card of St. Petersburg.  She writes that her city is quite big.  There are about 5 million people here.  The picture shows her city in the morning when it is very quiet.  Usually it is very busy. She also writes that they have lots of water...sea, rivers and canals.  

Thanks for a great card Irena!
University Embankment, Academy of Sciences, 1783-1789
Well, there you have them.  Four great cards.  I'll try and post the rest as soon as I can.  Until next time!

No comments: