July 19, 2013


Friday - Sunny, warm, lovely

I went to bed about an hour before my husband last night!  He was working on some stuff for the apartment building and couldn't put it down.  He's a bit like a bulldog sometimes! Of course, he woke me up when he came to bed, but I wasn't too mad at him.  He took off a half day of work today too.

In the morning, I got up around 9:30 and let F sleep on. We went out for brunch at 11:30 and then he went off to work.  

I stayed home, watched a bit of telly and took a nap on the couch.  F came home for a minute or two when I was in the midst of my map and so I was all groggy and shaky when he was here.  I hate that!

I watched Top Chef, then last week's Strike Back.  It was excellent!  I love good action shows. I scanned a few postcards, both the ones I sent and the ones I received this week.  I uploaded them and then took off to the post office to mail them.  I also took myself off to the convenience store and got a pearl tea drink.  Yum.  

F called me just as I arrived home.  Sigh. His timing is terrible.  I was trying to input the code into the door, take off my shoes, find my phone in the depths of my handbag and talk to him.  It didn't really work.  

He arrived home and wanted to go out soon afterwards.  We first went and had a drink at McDonalds, the far away one, then had a low key dinner at Cafe Michi's.  We went there for tea a couple of weeks ago, discovered they had ramen, so F was on board!  He had ramen, I had a pork saute, and we shared an order of nankotsu.  I think we both enjoyed our meals.

We got a few groceries at MaxValu, then came home.  F set up the bread maker for the morning and then went to bed and crashed!  He was so tired.  I stayed up and watched some good TV, and did a little crochet too.  It was quite relaxing tonight.  

That's it for me. I have no idea what we'll get up to this weekend.  I think F will go to the doctor tomorrow, but apart from that, and me watching Gilmore Girls, I'm not really sure!  Night!

No comments: