July 31, 2013


Wednesday - Cloudy and muggy

A good day.

I overslept a tad, but got up and dressed.  I watched telly, had some of F's yummy bread.  I talked him into putting sunflower seeds in the bread last night and the loaf was great.  I had a quiet time at home and just enjoyed myself.

In the afternoon I did a bit of pre-cooking for dinner.  I steamed some broccoli and then used the water from that to make couscous.  I took a break and waited for F to come home.  While I was waiting, I did a little bit of tidying up, and sorting out.  I also finally wrapped the baby blanket for our nephew's baby.

F was late tonight. He didn't get home until 7:30.  He had to drive a far distance at work and couldn't call me because he couldn't get a signal.  When he came home he worked on apartment stuff and I worked on getting dinner out.  We came up with a plan to try and make dinners smoother.  F is going to cook what he wants for his main dish if it is different than mine.  He'll make some rice for himself too.  He can share the sides that I make or put on the table too.  

I made a couscous salad while I was waiting for him and it was great.  I was quite surprised.  I think I'll have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.  We had couscous salad, salad, tomatoes, I had chicken, and F had rice and fish, plus my side dishes.  It seemed to work well and no one was angry at the end of dinner.  F did the dishes which was lovely of him.

I did a couple of postcrossing cards, and 2 other cards, then went over to the couch for House.  Unfortunately, the channel went out halfway through and I never did find out what happened.  Sigh.  

After F went to bed I watched 21 Jump Street which was quite funny and I enjoyed it a lot.  It was dumb, but fun.  It also didn't have a mean spirit.  So many comedies are mean, but it wasn't.  

So, that's my day really. It was quite good.  I'm hoping that tomorrow will be good too.  Maybe I'll even get out of the house!  Night!

No comments: